TRULY A TRIUMPH

"Now, I don't mean to start anything," I said, hands in mock surrender.

"Mhm," Fred replied suspiciously, "That's what someone usually says when they're about to start something."

It was early, and the Order was in a meeting, taking up the entire kitchen as usual. Though, it wasn't quite lunch time, so me and Fred had decided to steal away a moment to get out our stress.

"Every time we fight, you always ignore me. Not even if we fight, like, you'll just randomly ignore me. Have you noticed that?"

He blinked, staring at some random decoration on a table. He ran his fingers over the little container, feeling all its bumps and details.

"No, I haven't," he said quietly. "I don't mean to, of course."

"Of course."

"How do you mean ignore you?" Fred asked, stepping closer to wrap his arms around me.

"Well, after you and George asked...about my life, both of you sort of didn't talk to me as much. And you didn't really touch me, or um--kiss me, at all."

"Mm, I wasn't really thinking about it," he mumbled, "I guess from our point of view, it seemed like we touched a nerve. Didn't want to push you too hard."

"How could kissing me push me too hard?" I asked indignantly.

"I didn't know you were so needy," he joked, letting a small smile slip.

"Well, I am," I mumbled, pursing my lips. "Never be under the impression I'm not."

"Noted," he said, a little flare of deviance glinting in his eye.

Rather than leave my hands resting on his chest, I lifted my arms to wrap around his neck. It seemed like we kept falling into this pose a lot, not that I minded though. How could I when his face was right there, eyes the perfect distance for staring into?

"We'll have to be quick," Fred mumbled, "Harry should be back soon, and we'll need to be there to welcome him."

"Unfortunately, quick is becoming familiar to me," I muttered, eliciting a quiet snort from Fred.

I squeaked out a noise in surprise as Fred's hand grabbed behind my thighs, lifting me up onto the table that was just behind us. The wood creaked under my weight and for a brief moment I was worried it would break apart right underneath my ass.

Fred's lips erased my mind of all its contents and made me feel dizzy. There was nothing outside this room, and I let my eyes slide shut and envelope my mind in total darkness.

"If I ever ignore you again," Fred whispered, "Beat me upside the head, will you?"

"I'll be sure to," I mumbled back, just barely opening my eyes and reaching for his belt buckle.

Fred's hands clasped over mine and stopped my movement. "Hey now, what are you planning to do there?"

"What do you think?" I deadpanned.

"Well, it's not like we can, uh, you know."

"Why not? Where's the bottle?"

"In...my room."

"Well let's go get it then," I almost slid off the table, but Fred's hands pushed my hips back, keeping me in place.

"Not this room, my room at the Burrow."

"What?" I quietly asked.

"I didn't really think about it, and Mum made us leave so fast-"

I placed my fingertips over Fred's lips to make him stop talking. For once in my life I was actually embarrassed by how much not being able to, eh, do it, was affecting me. We'd be stuck here until school starts, and no sex-sex? Like, sure, there were other options, but that's what I was really craving. Oh Merlin, am I a horndog? No, no, of course not.