WELCOME TO THE QUIDDITCH WORLD CUP

"And you're sure you have everything?" Molly asked me for maybe the fourth time.

"Absolutely certain," I replied, slapping the side of my backpack that had been stuffed to the brim.

"You make sure you're holding on tight, okay? I don't want you getting lost," she reminded me.

"Yes, I'll be sure not to get lost," I comforted, again, patting her on the shoulder as she let out a stressed sigh.

"I'll be holding onto him, Mum, no need to worry," Fred smiled, joining us in the living room as others ran around the house packing.

"You better," she fussed, smacking Fred on the arm, "And no more messing about while you're with your Father. If I find out you've smuggled any more of those dreadful candies about, it won't be pretty."

"With all our stuff taken I don't think we have anything to make something out of," he bristled as she walked away, waiving him off.

"She's just trying to look out for you," I quietly whispered as we followed Arthur out of the house.

"She's smothering," Fred retorted, taking my hand in his.

The group of us stumbled over a field of grass to a far off hill int he village, where I could just make out two figures waiting for us. I almost asked who it was when Arthur called out loudly to them.

"Well, if it isn't the Diggory's!" He walked up and gave a clap on the back to the shorter of the two, who turned around and revealed himself to be Cedric's dad.

Cedric's dad?

My eyes grew wide as I glanced up to find none other than my Hufflepuff classmate Cedric Diggory, smiling in his own polite way at Arthur, who gave the boy a hug.

"Amos, we've got another tag-along I forgot to tell you about. This is Tom," he gestured to me before stepping back so Amos could see all the children coming along.

"As long as he holds on tight I see no issue! The more the merrier, after all."

"Yes, yes, had to make use of all the tickets, you see?"

"Of course, gotta get your money's worth," they trailed off into talking about dad things for a little bit, leaving Cedric to walk over to the twins and I.

"I had no idea you'd be coming, Thomas," he observed, patting me on the shoulder before readjusting his backpack.

"I had no idea we'd be meeting up with you guys at all. Does your father work with Mr. Weasley?"

"Oh yeah, my dad and him are good friends."

"And I said to him, I said – Ced, that'll be something to tell your grandchildren, you beat Harry Potter in a quidditch match!" Cedric's dad got a bit lively, laughing at the end and gesturing to Harry and Cedric.

"Dad, it was an accident..." Cedric got a bit embarrassed, "He fell off his broom, I told you."

"Well, still, I think it's rather-"

The portkey activated behind them, and Arthur quickly ended the conversation to get us in a circle around it.

"Now, everyone make sure you've got a good hold on someone. Don't want anyone getting too lost."

One moment, I was glancing nervously up at Fred (I'd never used a portkey before!) and the next I felt a little pull on my hand and we had moved to a very different grassy hill.

Despite feeling like I hadn't moved at all, it felt like the wind had gotten knocked out of me and I stood there to catch my breath a bit.

"You okay, Thomas?" Hermione asked, reaching out hesitantly to pat me on the back as I leaned over onto my knees.