THOMAS HUMILIATION CONSEQUENCES SOOT

In the following hours I had accidentally succumbed to sleep, leaving the amortentia time to wear off and leave me slightly in control of my actions and feelings. When I woke up, Fred was already conscious and looking at me with his eyebrows knitted together in concern--only smoothing themselves out when my eyes opened all the way.

The tinges of amortentia still poisoned my mind, the thought of being separated from Fred still made me uneasy and anxious--well, moreso than usual. But I wasn't professing my undying love anymore, only suffering from the consequences of it.

"So I'm the blueprint, hm?" Fred teased, poking my nose delicately with his finger. I gave him an unenthusiastic look that didn't seem to faze him much at all. "You simply adore me, do you?"

"I despise you," I lowly bit out, letting out a frustrated huff of air. I ignored the painful feeling in my chest that began to seep out.

"Oh, that's a lie, I know it. You've spilled your deepest darkest secret to me, already."

"Ugh," I rolled my eyes, turning away from him. My chest had tightened at the phrase, my words disagreeing with what my heart wanted me to say.

"No," he cried out, giggles falling from his lips, "Come back, I won't tease you anymore."

"Now that's a lie," I scoffed.

"Oh come on, if anything I should be the one who's upset. You did kiss my brother, you know."

"I was confused!" I burst out, a humiliated blush rushing to my cheeks. "I thought-" I shut my mouth quickly as I felt even more embarrassed about the words that hadn't even escaped yet.

"You thought he was me?" Fred asked sultrily, "So you would've kissed me in the middle of the library, educational decree be damned?"

"I'm lucky nobody saw to begin with," I muttered angrily.

Fred was silent, perhaps he was thinking about the consequences that would've brought upon me, especially with the new educational decree. If Draco, or any other Slytherin had seen, I'd be in a detention with a black quill--or worse, Filch.

"Well, nobody saw," Fred said plainly, "You're lucky George found you when he did."

"I guess so," I mumbled, "Merlin, that was humiliating." I covered my face with my hands, feeling the heat radiating off of it.

"It seems to have mostly worn off," Fred observed, pressing a kiss against the nape of my neck.

He was teasing me, this is teasing. Fred, of all people right now, would know that any sort of contact like that would send fireworks through my whole body. Any sort of special recognition from him kept sending my head into a tizzy, and he knows it. I know he knows it, because every time he does something like that his hands grasp my body loosely to feel me flinch against his touch.

Sick bastard.

"Why do I get the feeling you're not liking me right now," Fred asked humorously.

"Because I hate you," I ground out, licking my lips nervously as the phrase twisted my stomach in a sickly way.

"Ooh, ouch," Fred joked, "I feel like that probably hurt you more than it hurt me."

"Ngh," I sniffled, my chest feeling like a thousand tiny pinpricks were seeping into my heart.

"Oh, it's alright," he comforted immediately, "I love you, you're fine." Fred continued cooing words of solace into my ears until I rolled over to face him, wrapping my arms around his waist and nuzzling in.

When I looked up at him, I could tell he was scheming. From the first kiss against my forehead, I could feel the sickly sweet heat swallowing my body whole as my mind slipped into a thick haze.