8 - i miss that

For future reference, I will not be labeling my chapters with "trigger warnings" because I feel like that would spoil the chapter. The only time there will be a warning is if there is smut. Please refer to the WARNINGS category in the very first chapter so that you know what to expect in this book. Nothing too drastic happens, so don't worry too much.

Unedited

"Do you really think they'll show up?" Yoongi suddenly asks, breaking the working silence in the room. They were in the kitchen prepping food for the barbecue and while they both were excited about hosting an event at their house, they were still nervous. It's their first time doing something like this and having more people than themselves.

"Of course they will," Namjoon says. "Seokjin texted me earlier and told me so."

"B-but...what if they think our house is weird?" Yoongi asks, glancing around their kitchen. It's quite big and even has an island in the middle. Namjoon sighs, temporarily stopping what he's doing to turn to his friend.

"Now why would you think that?"

"I don't know, sorry." Yoongi murmurs. "I'm just anxious."

Namjoon removes his gloves and approaches the smaller male. He knows that because of his anxiety, Yoongi tends to overthink things. He pulls him into a hug and holds him close. Yoongi grunts but wraps his arms around Namjoon as well.

"Stop thinking too much." He says quietly, running his hand through Yoongi's dark hair.

"Easier said than done," he huffs in reply.

"Come on, we have to finish so we can get dressed. No more sad boy shit, okay?"

Yoongi pouts, "okay."

When they finish preparing food and pouring marshmallows, chocolate and graham crackers in a dish, they start getting dressed. Yoongi adjusts his baggy cargo pants and fastens a belt through the loops. He doesn't bother buckling it. It was a trend nowadays to wear a belt just for an aesthetic.

He wore a shirt of Namjoon's, some huge ass rap legend shirt that he thrifted a while ago and paired it with a pair of black Air Forces.

"You look so edgy," Namjoon snorts as he steps into the bathroom to look into the mirror at his hair. Yoongi rolls his eyes as he stands on his step stool to look into the mirror to fix his hair. Before he moved in, it was only Namjoon so everything in the house is huge for no reason. He can't even reach the top of the refrigerator.

"At least I don't look like a school teacher," Yoongi retorts as he glances at Namjoon's attire. He wears black Calvin Klein jeans with a matching jean jacket and a cream colored turtleneck sweater beneath it.

"At least I don't need a stool to look in the mirror."

"I can see just fine without it, it's just my toes will hurt from standing on them-"

"Yeah sure," Namjoon rolls his eyes.

.......................

He doesn't know why, but he feels pretty today. It was like there was something in the air that suddenly made him want to get dolled up. Maybe it was the side effect of having feminine friends who talked of skirts and sweet perfumes and makeup. But Seokjin feels a different type of pretty today.

He feels like getting dressed up a bit. They were going to nothing but a bonfire but he still felt like it. So he sits at Jimin's vanity and looks down at the many palettes of eyeshadow colors. He doesn't wear makeup often, maybe mascara or lipgloss every now and then, but tonight he kind of wants to try eyeshadow. He picks up a brush and chooses a random color, a charcoal grey. He then applies it the way he's seen Jimin do hundreds of times before. Meanwhile, Jimin was currently debating on what to wear with Hoseok.