11- let it snow

Almost 5k words! Please show love on this chapter, its one of my favorites! 💜

Unedited

"Yes, Namjoon, this is a dinner date."

"Do we have to call it that, though?"

Clad in nothing but his flannel striped boxers, Namjoon sits down at the kitchen table in front of a plate of food. He places his phone on the table, listening to Seokjin ramble about their supposed date tonight. It wasn't like Namjoon was completely opposed to the idea but he didn't quite feel comfortable with calling it a date. A friend date, maybe. But the thought of going on a romantic date with a male kind of made him uncomfortable. Seokjin isn't a stranger but he is still a guy.

And Namjoon is straight.

"They kissed so I owe you a steak dinner. Jimin couldn't stop blushing even after two days. He's definitely under a love spell."

Namjoon rolls his eyes at Seokjin's dramatics. What Yoongi and Jimin have is just puppy love. Not a spell. "Well I told you, you don't have to actually treat me to dinner. It's quite expensive-"

"Namjoon, sweetheart, I said I'm taking you out to dinner so we're going. Stop debating me on this."

Taking a bite of his teriyaki tofu and vegetable fried rice, Namjoon hums. He glances up at Yoongi who looked up at him from his phone. He hasn't even touched his food yet but the smile on his lips shows that he's texting Jimin.

"Sweetheart?" He questions, lips curling into a smirk. "I didn't know you two were on petname level."

"We're not," the younger says with a mouth full of food. "We're just friends."

Yoongi scoffs, finally setting his phone aside and digging into his food. "That's what me and Jimin said and now we're boyfri-...partners."

"Namjoon?" Seokjin calls and Namjoon thrns his attention to his phone.

"Yes hyung?"

"Please allow me to take you out. It'll be fun, I promise! Plus the restaurant I was looking at has those tiny deserts that I like."

Namjoon could practically hear the pout on his lips. So he sighs and places down his chopsticks. "Fine. I'll go. But only because I haven't had steak in a while."

"Yay!" Seokjin cheers while clapping his hands. A smile appears on Namjoon's lips. "Dress fancy but not too fancy! I'll come pick you up at 8! See you soon!" And then he ends the call.

There is a while of silence, no sounds besides the clanking of metal chopsticks against ceramic plates. Yoongi glances from his plate of food to Namjoon who wears a dimpled smile on his face while eating. He's seen how Seokjin and Namjoon get along and how they can talk easily with each other. They understand each other. Yoongi wonders why Namjoon was hesitant about going out to dinner with him

"Joon-ah?"

Namjoon looks up from his food, raising his eyebrows. "Hm?"

"You know I love and support you no matter what, right?"

The younger male snorts, "hyung where is this coming from?"

Yoongi shrugs. "I just wanted to remind you."

And they return to eating.

.....................

Seokjin was ready to leave. He had his outfit on and sprayed a generous amount of cologne. A black, whool trench coat that went down to his ankles above a white turtleneck sweater tucked in to black slacks. He had yet to put on his shoes but they're low cut doc marten boots with a gold buckle on the front. The reason Seokjin had not left yet was because Jimin insisted on trimming his eyebrows and giving him a small makeup look.