23- talk it out

Unedited

"So what is it that's bothering you?"

Looking down at their empty plate, Jimin takes a deep breath. Their boyfriend sits beside them, rubbing their back supportively. Yoongi has always been supportive of them, so why should they be worried? It isn't easy to put thoughts into words. Jimin takes another breath, trying to calm his already racing heartbeat. God, why is this so difficult?

"Um...it's just...you and Hoseok."

They can feel Yoongi's confusion. Even his hand stopped in the middle of their back. "What about us?"

Another deep breath. Jimin gets the courage to look up at him. "Can you please be honest to me?" They mumble and Yoongi immediately nods.

"Of course, Minnie."

"Do you like Hoseok?"

Jimin went ahead and just dropped it. Yoongi said he'd be honest. And Jimin wants honest answers. They don't want to see like a clingy or jealous partner but...they know that Hoseok likes Yoongi, well at least LIKED him when they first met. Plus, Yoongi seems to like him as well. And Jimin doesn't know how he'd feel if Yoongi confirmed his supsicions. They already feel like they bother Yoongi, they don't want to make it worse. But Namjoon said to confront Yoongi. Namjoon is intelligent and thoughtful, and he knows Yoongi more than Jimin.

"What makes you think that I like him?" Yoongi says and Jimin looks away.

They begin playing with their fingers. "You seem to be really friendly with him, which is fine but...I don't know, I just kinda get the vibe that you like him. And at the Christmas party, you kept looking at him so do you?"

Yoongi's hand comes up and rests on their shoulder. Then, he reaches down and grabs their hand and holds it. "I've like him for a while."

Jimin suddenly pulls their hand away and crosses their arms over their chest. Still, they don't look up. How could anyone not like Hoseok? He's so pretty, tall, handsome, and smart. He's practically built like a greek God. Jimin feels like they'd never compare to him. And in the corner of their mind there's a fear that Yoongi would leave them for Hoseok. Maybe that's why Jimin had snapped on him that one day. They were jealous.

Yoongi sighs and goes back to rubbing their back. "I was going to tell you when I first realized but you were having a good day that day and I didn't want to ruin it. And I thought about telling you recently but...you've been so stressed and I didn't want to add to it. I'm so sorry, Jimin."

They don't know how to feel. How to react. Jimin isn't horribly upset, they had this suspicion for a while. But they aren't happy that they were right. In fact, there's jealousy bubbling within them, too. Does Yoongi not like them anymore? And...what about Hoseok does Yoongi like that he doesn't see in Jimin?

"Do you still...like me?" They ask quietly, voice shaking. Trying not to see emotional while feeling nearly every negative emotion in the book is hard. But Jimin doesn't want to seem pathetic.

"Baby, look at me."  Yoongi asks, forcing Jimin to hold his hand again. Jimin hesitates but glances up at him with glazed eyes.

"I really like you. I've liked you since I've met you. And I like everything about you, even the things you don't like. I know that this is confusing, I'm kinda confused too. But I still like you. And I care about you and I want nothing more than to be with you and make you happy."

Jimin looks away. "Then why do you like Hoseok?"

"I don't know why," he breathes out. "But I know that I still like you. Nothing will change that. And I won't tell Hoseok anything. I haven't even talked to him in a few weeks, since everyone last hung out."