CHAPTER 4

The bell rang meaning it was the end of lunch

The bell rang meaning it was the end of lunch. My last class was English, I don't mind English since Mrs Adams is quite nice and understanding. I end my make out session with this blonde girl who has been wrapped around my arm the entire day. She asked to make out so we did, hoping it would stop her from being so fucking clingy. Ever since my ex, I've not had a relationship, I no longer trust people, cause when I put my all into one person it ended up backfiring on me and I can't go through that again. I won't put myself through that again.

As I was walking, Ezra pulled me to the side behind the building and pulled out a packet of cigarettes. He handed me one and lit both using his lighter. "Who was that blonde you were tongue fucking a minute ago?" he bluntly asked "This girl who would not leave me alone the entire day, so I made out with her hoping she will leave me alone now". He just nods and continues breathing in the smoke. "Shit" I look at my phone and see we are 15 minutes late, "we gotta go dude, we're so late". I never actually try in school but when it comes to English, I actually enjoy it, so I try my best to turn up on time, but this dickhead Ezra pulled me for a smoke. If you haven't figured Ezra is my best and closest friend, I can tell him anything and I know he won't tell anyone. That is why he is one of the few people who knows what happen in my past.

We turn up outside the English door and I turn to Ezra and say "We stink of smoke bro we can't go in like this" Like Ezra was reading my mind he pulled out his cologne and sprayed us both down hoping to mute the smell of smoke.

As I opened the door Mrs Adams was speaking "I have already chosen the pa-". I send her a weak apologetic smile. "Nice of you to join us gentlemen, please go take a seat near the back, you are very late" I nod and we make our way to the seats she pointed to. Scanning over the class my eyes land on a girl.

Lilith Walker.

"Holy Shit" I say in my head, she is beautiful, and to my surprise she is already staring at me, I smirk as I saw her putting her down, breaking eye contact. I sit down and Ezra nudges me "What the hell was that bro?" "What was what?" I asked him confused. "Uh the way she was looking at you, the way you were looking at her" he said "It was nothing bro, drop it" I say sternly. It wasn't nothing. My chest felt weird, it felt like my heart was beating a million miles per hour.

No, I can't put myself in a vulnerable position again, it didn't end well last time.

"As I was saying before I got interrupted, I have already chosen your pairs for this year's summer project". Summer project? for English? Hell yeah. This should be interesting. I look at Ezra hoping we are together, believe it or not we work well together. Mrs Adams scrolls through her computer looking for the list "Ah here it is, okay everyone listen up" She started reading the pairs out.

"Max and Rose"

"Sam and Claudia"

I look around and see there is only 6 people left, me, Ezra, Alex, Sophie, Talia, and Lilith.

"Sophie and Alex"

Please be Ezra.

"Talia and Ezra"

Well, that's great. Wait that means-

" And that leaves Lilith and Kai"

Great. It's not Ezra but Lilith is like really smart, and really pretty, so it should be okay. By the look on her face, she isn't happy. She probably thinks I won't do any of the work, but she is wrong, I will, English is the only subject where I actually try.

From the corner of my eye, I see Lilith raise her hand. I bet she is asking to switch.

"Yes Lilith?" "Can I please switch with someone" she asked. Her voice is so angelic, I could listen to it all day. The way her lips move when she speaks. I wonder what it's like to kiss her plump li- "I can't do that Lilith, the pairs I've chosen are final and no one is switching" Lilith's facial expression drops and she sinks back into her seat.

Everyone gets up to sit with their pair. I don't bother getting up and I wait for Lilith to come to me. A few minutes pass and Mrs Adams tells everyone to hurry up and move. Eventually Lilith gets up and comes and sits in the seat Ezra was sitting in. I stare at her as she is walking over, she looks me dead in the eye with no facial expression like earlier. This time she looks annoyed and frustrated. As she sits down, she runs her hands through her hair like she is stressed, and drops her bag to the floor. This girl is going to be the death of me I swear.

"Alright now that everyone is in their pairs. I'll tell you what the project is about. This year's summer project is about an unseen book" I look over at Lilith and it looks like she is zoned out and not listening to Mrs Adams. To be fair I stopped listening halfway through too.

"Lilith" Mrs Adams talks to her finally.

"Miss Walker!" Mrs Adams is now shouting at her. Lilith looks completely unfazed by this. "Did you hear what the project is about?" Lilith looks like she panicking since she wasn't paying attention. "No sorry" Lilith basically whispered I'm surprised miss heard her, her face was turning red. "Very well, as I was saying to those that were paying attention, for this project you and your partner will need to read this book and make a presentation about it. You must include everything, from the plot of the book to your own opinion on it. You have the whole of summer, which is about 3 months, to complete this. If there are any issues, please feel free to email me and I will be more than happy to help"

Mrs Adams finished as the bell rang. I packed my bag and so did everyone else.

"Please come and grab the book before you leave"

I go to the front and collect a book. Lilith is in front of me, I need to get her number.

For the project.

Obviously...

There were too many people so I did the only thing I could do; I grabbed her hoodie sleeve. "Hey what the fuck is your probl-". Damn has she got anger issues or something. "I just wanted to ask you for your number" I asked her quietly. "Huh, you" she pointed at me "Want my" she pointed at herself "number".

She obviously took it the wrong way.

"Yeah, so we can talk about the project" I explained. "Oh yeah, obviously, here you go" she took my phone out my hand and put in her number. " Thanks" I said as I walked out the building.

Well, that was a bit awkward. At least I got her number.