CHAPTER 18

Talia awoke me from my sleep

Talia awoke me from my sleep. Bitch this better be important.

"Come downstairs as soon as you can" was all I heard before she rushed out.

Huh? I'm so confused

I lay in her bed for a few minutes before getting up. Doing my business in the bathroom, I go grab my phone and head downstairs. I look at the time 7:00am.

What the fuck?

Why did she wake me up so early.

"Talia I swear you better have a good exc-"

"Grandma?" Why is she here? Nothing is making sense right now

"Sit down" she instructed me.

I looked at Talia with a worried look and she gave me a reassuring look back.

"Um" i clear my throat "what's happening?"

"Well as you know it's your 18th birthday this weekend" my grandma started

"Yeah? Your point is?"

She slide over an envelope. "Happy birthday baby"

I can't believe what I'm seeing.

"T-tickets to New York?" I look up at her

"Yes I know how badly you wanted to go since you were a child so" she said

I'm actually speechless, before my mother became an alcoholic, she would always talk about New York and how she wanted to go. She promised she'd take me on my 18th birthday, but I guess that'll never happen since I don't even know where she is. She could be dead for all I know.

I took the tickets out "4?" I questioned

"You really think that you would go to New York without me?" Talia looked offended.

"Me, you, Talia and Sarah are all going to New York this weekend" she announced. "I couldn't let you go alone with Talia so I invited Sarah, so I have someone to be with while you girls do your thing" she gave me a big pearly smile.

"Thank you so much guys" I said as I went to hug them both

"This is going to be so much fun" Talia squealed.

~~~

"Okay do we have everything?" I asked Talia

"Yes we've double checked, everything is here" she replied

It's currently 3:30 am and our flight is at 5am.

"The car I hired will be here at 4:00am girls make sure you're by the door in 15 minutes" my grandma shouted.

Me and Talia grabbed our suitcases and headed downstairs to her living room. Talia's parents are currently away on a business trip so when my grandmother asked them to take Talia on the trip they were more than happy.