CHAPTER 5

As I walked up the stairs to my house, I took my backpack off and started looking for the keys

As I walked up the stairs to my house, I took my backpack off and started looking for the keys. "Dammit" I mutter under my breath I forgot to pick up my keys, I knock on the door hoping my grandmother hasn't gone out and she's in otherwise I'm locked out.

Knock Knock

I wait, starting to get impatient, but luckily my grandmother was in and wasn't going out till a bit later on. "Hey darling, how was your day?" she asks as I take my shoes off. I walk over to the couch and sit down putting my feet up before replying. "It was okay" I began "Mrs Adams has set a summer project to do in pairs and my partner is none other than, Kai Hernandez" I sigh. "Is that a problem?" she asks as she walks to the kitchen "Is that a problem?! yes indeed it's a problem grandma, Kai is rarely in school and doesn't care about his grades, so I'm probably going to have to do it all on my own just so my grades don't drop." I rub my temples "I'm going upstairs my head hurts" I say while getting off the couch and grabbing my things, making my way to the stairs. "Okay well I'm going out with some friends sweetheart, if you need anything please call me, you know I'll be home as soon as possible if you need me" "Okay have fun grandma, love you see you later" "Bye sweetheart, love you too" Then I heard the door slam shut.

Feeling bad cause, I told Talia I would facetime her, I send her a quick message "Hey girlie, my head is killing me, so I don't think I can facetime tonight, I'm sorry I promise I'll make it up to you <3" and send. I throw my phone on the bed and shut my eyes.

I wake up, what feels like 3 days later, 3 hours later to the house still being silent, meaning my grandmother hasn't returned home yet. I pick up my phone and look at the time "9:35pm" and see 3 messages. 1 from Talia "Hey girl, it's okay, make sure to get some rest and text me when you feel better, love ya <3"

A message from grandma "Hey darling, Sarah is going through a rough time currently, I think I'm going to stay here for a night, I hope your head is better. If you need anything please call me. There are some leftovers in the fridge if you're hungry! Love you."

The last message is from someone who I least expected a message from at this hour. Kai. "Hey it's Kai, just checking you gave me the right number and not some fake number haha." My eyes widen in shock, Kai texting me?! I know it's about the project but still, I never thought the day would come where the hottest guy in school has my number.

I reply back to his message "Hey, don't worry I gave you my real number, haha I'm not that mean" and I clicked send.

Fuck. That message sounded weird, why did I say "don't worry" it's not like he would worry about someone like me. Well, it's too late to delete.

Read

Woah that was quick.

The typing bubble pops up and for some reason I start to panic. I'm so stupid, calm down it's only a text message, it doesn't mean anything.

"Haha okay that's good, well sorry for the late text goodnight"

Why am I feeling like this? It's just a text. I can't fall for a guy again.

I sent him a quick message back "Goodnight"

Read

He read all my messages so quick, it's like he was waiting for me to respond. Who am I kidding he was probably texting other girls and I just happen to reply when he was active.

Well, I've officially fucked up my sleep schedule. That 3 hour nap felt good but now I'm going to be so tired for school tomorrow. Since I can't get back to sleep and I've been on my phone for the past hour I decided to get up and shower since I fell asleep in the clothes I was wearing. Gross. 2 showers in one day, woah who is she?

After my shower, I got dressed into some comfy clothes, sweats and a big shirt. I looked at my phone and the time was "11:40pm" I groan loudly as I know I'm not getting any sleep tonight. Having nothing to do, I picked up my school bag and took out the book we are meant to be reading over the summer for our project. "Why not start now, won't hurt anyone" I said opening the book. I read the first chapter and gave up, it's so boring.

This is going to be harder than I thought.

~~~

short chapter sorry:(