CHAPTER 8

As I was getting ready for the day, there was only one thing on my mind

As I was getting ready for the day, there was only one thing on my mind. Lilith.

Even though I've only seen her a couple of times, something about her has intrigued me. I want to get to know her, but I just can't risk opening up to someone again. Not after what happen last time.

I've realised that it's best to just keep to myself, yeah I occasionally kiss some girls or fuck them, it's never more than that, but I'm not as bad as I used to be.

Ever since I "ran away" I've been distant with my family, I rarely speak with them anymore. They know what happened, I'm pretty sure Harper had told them, even if she hadn't I think they still figured it out, as Molly was never around anymore and neither was Reed.

~~
After I was done getting ready upstairs, I noticed that I was running late, nothing unusual, but I wanted to be in today since it's the last day.

I grabbed my backpack and my keys and ran out the door, I went past my parents but they didn't speak, we sort of just nodded at each other and my mother sent me a smile.

I know I was being a total dickhead, distancing myself from my family, but I know once we start talking all the memories will come back and I don't want that happening.

Unlocking the doors to my matte black mustang, I hoped into the drivers seat.

My car was probably my favourite thing I have.  Soon after my 17 birthday, my dad taught me how to drive, he was always a car guy. You should see his garage. I passed my test with ease and as a gift for doing well, he bought me this car.  I never let anyone drive this car, not even Ezra, this car is far too precious.

The drive to the university is quite peaceful.

I pulled up into my parking spot and got out. Scanning the area, I looked for Ezra, he always gets to school before me and waits outside the gates so we can walk in together. I spotted him leaning against the wall, scrolling through his phone, I walked up too him and greeted him with a fist bump.

"Hey dude, ready for the last day?" I asked him as we started walking towards the entrance.

"Yes I am so ready for summer to start, I have so many things I want to do." He replied while smiling.

As we walked in, we got a bunch of stares. Nothing different, we're used to it by now. Many girls tried getting my attention, but I just ignored them. We headed to our lockers, which were at the end of the hallway and got the stuff we need.

The first class of the day for me was business. Business never really interested me, but my father suggested I take it as it's a good skill to have under my belt. So I did.

Ezra wasn't in my class, he picked a different subject.

Idiot left me alone.

Normally I never go to this class, but I figured since it's the last lesson we won't be doing much, so might as well try and show the professor that i still sort of care.

I took my seat near the front and took my phone out and started scrolling. People started piling in and a heard a familiar voice, Lilith.

She walked in with her best friend Talia. They were talking and laughing, Lilith's smile looked so genuine, it was nice seeing her smile rather than the usual blank facial expressions she has in class. I watched as she took her seat near the back, I don't think she saw me.

The professor announced we are watching a movie as he didn't plan anything for this lesson. I'm not complaining, I'd much rather watch a movie than do a bunch of writing in our last lesson.

He puts the movie in and everyone does their own thing, some are on their phones and others are talking amongst themselves.  I turned around and look directly at Lilith. We locked eyes for a second and she turned away to Talia and whispered something in her ear with a confused face. I assumed it was about me since Talia looked at me after Lilith finished talking to her. Whatever Talia said next made Lilith nod in approval, and she went back to watching the movie and so did I.

15 minutes pass and I'm just aimlessly scrolling on my phone.

My body is telling me to look at Lilith again but I don't want to seem like a creep.

Oh well.

To my surprise I turn around and Lilith is already staring at me. Awkward.

I turn back quickly and face the front, I could still feel her eyes on me.

The movie finished about 25 minutes later. The professor switches the lights back on and everyone packs their bags and sorts their area out.

As I was sorting myself out, I thought I could hear someone running. I turn around and see Talia basically sprinting to the front.  Lilith was right behind her and she had a very confused look on her face.

Talia smirked at Lilith before shouting out...

"PARTY AT MY HOUSE. BRING YOUR FRIENDS, EVERYONE IS INVITED, BRING YOUR OWN BOOZE"

A party?

Don't mind if I do, I send a quick message to Ezra and tell him to meet me in the cafeteria. We both have a free period now so we're just going to chill.

I could see Lilith's facial expression drop. It looked like she was angry. Not long after I saw her dragging Talia out the room.

Someone's in trouble.

I take the exit on the right to avoid the drama, and head to the cafeteria.