CHAPTER 16

I woke up at around 9am

I woke up at around 9am. That's later than usual.

Letting out a loud groan I reach around for my phone, I pick it up and see that Talia has messaged me.

"Hope you're awake, I'll be outside yours at 10am I have a surprise and a few things planned" I had to reread the message a couple times to actually understand it, I want to go back to sleep.

I only have an hour until Talia comes to my house. Eventually I get out of bed and head to the bathroom. Once I'm in there I turn the shower on and let it heat up while I undress. I did the usual, scrubbed my body, washed my hair and shaved my legs.

Wrapping myself in my towel, I unlock the bathroom door and go to my room. I grab my phone and check the weather for today. Sunny with a light breeze. Perfect weather.

Talia didn't say what we are doing so I have no clue how to dress for the occasion. So I ended up just wearing a simple outfit. Black shorts and a cropped grey jumper.

(Do you guys like when I include a pic of the outfits or no?)

I shoved my phone and any other things I might need into my bag and set it aside.

I quickly blow dry my hair and leave it the way it is, I have no time to do anything nice. I apply light makeup and a quick spray of perfume and head out my bedroom.

Walking down the stairs, I can smell something sweet. I assume my grandmother is making something.

"Good morning" I say as I enter the kitchen.

"Good morning love, sleep well?" She asked without looking at me.

"Yeah you?" I replied while grabbing some water.

"I did" she slowly turned around. "So where are you headed?"

"Talia said we're going out somewhere I'm not sure where, probably just into the mall" I said while sipping my water, I look at the clock and see it's 9:50am. She'll be here soon.

"Okay do you need any money?" She asked me.

"If you don't mind" I replied awkwardly. I hate taking money from her, she does enough for me already. "I might get a summer job, to help out a bit"