CHAPTER 7

Last day of my first year at university

Last day of my first year at university. What a year it has been. I would say this was the most difficult year of school I've ever had. All the problems I had going on at the start of the year, really affected my studies. When I first started, everything was great, I had a great girlfriend, family life was good for once and school was going well. I had a solid group of friends and we were all really close. Everything was going great until it happen.

FLASHBACK

"Bro be quiet you're going to ruin the surprise" I whispered to Ezra "Okay, okay sorry" We were outside Reed's apartment. His parents are filthy rich, they bought him an apartment near the school so he didn't have to travel as far every day. We were outside because it was his birthday and we wanted to surprise him with gifts and cake, since his family lives far away and couldn't make it for his birthday this year, so being the good friends we are, we stepped up and wanted to surprise him. What a terrible idea that was.

Since we were all really close, we had keys to his apartment. I reached into my pocket and grabbed the keys, trying to be as quiet as possible I inserted the key and twisted it. When we entered, we saw clothes all over the floor, we figured my man was getting lucky on his birthday with some random chick and didn't think much of it. Idiot

We quietly walked up to his bedroom door and I put my ear up to it. I didn't hear anything so I assumed they were done. Me and Ezra burst into the room yelling "surprise!". Reed was laying in his bed, probably naked, let's say he was definitely surprised, he wasn't expecting anyone to come over. Just as we were going to hand him his gifts, we heard a female voice coming from the bathroom. It sounded very familiar.

Too familiar .

"Babe who is it?" When that bathroom door opened, I did not expect to see my girlfriend walk out in nothing but a robe. We locked eyes and I nearly started crying.

My best friend and my girlfriend were fucking.

The girl I gave everything too, fucked my best friend.

The guy I trusted with my whole life, fucked my girlfriend.

I stood there shocked, I couldn't process what was happening, until Ezra said "Bro what the fuck is she doing here?" I could see his fists clench. Hard. "I-I can explain" Reed said. "Go on then. explain what the fuck my girlfriend is doing naked in a robe in my best friends bedroom" Molly, my girlfriend, went to say something but Reed cut her off "you weren't meant to find out like this" he tried explaining " it looks like I wasn't meant to find out at all!" I shouted at him. Molly started walking towards me, it looked like she was going to cry. "Why the fuck are you crying? Do you see what you've caused? You shouldn't be the one crying. You should be the one fucking apologizing and explaining what the fuck you are doing fucking my best friend". Molly stood there not saying anything trying not to cry. "Ah fuck this" I roared throwing his gifts on the floor. "I don't ever want to hear from either of you again. Do you understand? You both are dead to me. Hope you're happy with your decision. In fact, you two are made for each other, both of you like betraying the people who love you most. Congratulations." That was the last thing I said before slamming the door shut and getting into my car.

I heard Ezra get into the car. he went to say something but I cut him off. " Please don't talk, you haven't done anything wrong I just need time to think" Ezra didn't say anything and just nodded and played on his phone. I dropped Ezra off at his house and said goodbye. I put my foot on the gas and sped home. When I got home, no one was in perfect. I went up to my room and packed a bag with enough clothes and stuff that I might need and I took off.

I went to the one place where I knew I would feel better at. My uncles house in New York. It was only a 3 hour drive to New York. I arrived outside my uncles house without a warning and knocked on his door. He was shocked to see me, he could see I was hurting but he didn't question it. The only thing he said was "do your parents know you're here" I shook my head no and told him not to tell anyone I'm here. I just needed a break from my life. New York is the best place to go to do that.

I stayed with him for about a month. During my stay I done the same thing every week. Go out, get drunk, bring a girl home, fuck her, and repeat. I done all this to try and forgot about what my fucking ex best friend did with my ex-girlfriend. But nothing worked. Eventually I got bored of fucking different girls each week. I had one thing left that I could try.

I switched it all off.

I switched everything off, I stopped thinking about the past, I only care about myself and no one else, I don't care what others do. I feel nothing. I feel empty. I feel free.

I told my uncle I was heading back home and he was sad to see me go but I think he was secretly happy he won't have to hear me fucking girls every week.

The 3 hour journey home didn't feel like 3 hours, it went by quick. when I arrived home, I was greeted by worried parents and a worried sister. I didn't tell them anything that happen but I was tempted. "Oh, my baby is back" my mom whispered as she hugged me. I just stood there letting her do her thing. Then my dad pulled me into a hug and asked where I was. I just simply told him I was with uncle mike, nothing else. My sister slapped me, she was mad that I left for so long. She didn't question what happen. I have a feeling that Ezra told her what happen and why I left. She just smiled at me before I walked to my room.

I stayed in my room for about a week without speaking to anyone.

My parents were so worried they told me to go see a therapist, but I refused. What is a therapist going to do? Tell me to go have a bath and write in a fucking journal. That's not going to help. Ever since I stopped caring about other people and just focused on myself, I felt a bit better. I felt ready to go back to school. I missed the first couple weeks of university, but they said I am able to come back as the first few weeks weren't as important and I didn't miss anything crucial.

First few days back at school, I just hung out with Ezra and barely went to any classes. I would skip whenever possible except for my English classes. I always went to English. Mrs Adams was very understanding and offered extra tutoring so I can get back on track. but all my other classes like business I never went to they were pointless. I went to first couple classes and gave up it seemed so boring.

One day I saw the most beautiful girl I'd seen in a while. I walked past her in the hallway and she just stared at me.

Her name was Lilith Walker.

END OF FLASHBACK

~~~

we got to know a bit about Kai's past! what do we think ? :)