CHAPTER 24

When I got home last night, my grandma was already asleep, not surprised it was quite late

Quietly I made my way up the stairs and into my room. I was thinking about having a shower but it'll be quite loud and I don't want to wake my grandma up. I'll just have one tomorrow.

I place my bag down beside my desk and switched my lamp on. My room was pitch black and the moonlight peaked through my curtains.

Nighttime is so peaceful.

No sound. No people. Nothing. It was definitely my favourite part of the day.

I wish I had someone to go on late night drives with. I've mentioned it to Talia many times but we never do it.

Walking over to my wardrobe, I hear the floor creaking. My grandma must be awake.

"Why are you home so late?" My door opened and my grandma stood there.

"Sorry, we just got caught up with planning and didn't notice the time"

"It's okay just let me know next time if you're going to stay out late again"

"Will do, sorry for waking you" I said as she shut the door. "Goodnight"

When my door was closed, I opened my wardrobe and picked out some comfy clothes. A massive shirt and some shorts. It's too hot to sleep in anything else.

I climbed into bed and picked up my phone.

No new messages or calls.

I scrolled through my phone for a bit before putting it on charge and falling asleep.

~~~

Waking up at around 7:30am, I felt like a zombie. I'm so tired but I can't fall back asleep.

I take my phone off charge and see that I have a new message. It's from Talia.

"Hey girl, we're hanging out today whether you like it or not, I'll be at yours at 10"

Okay then looks like I'm hanging out with Talia today.

"Okay that's fine, see you later" I send a quick reply before getting out of bed.

I get up and head for the bathroom. On my way there I stop and grab a towel from the drawer. Once I get to the bathroom, I turn the shower on and let it warm up a bit.

Stepping in, the warm water instantly envelops my body, it feels great. I was my hair, scrub my body and shave where I need to.

Nearly 40 minutes later I finally get out. I open my bedroom door and I see Talia sitting on my bed.

"Jesus you scared me"

"Sorry, you took forever" Talia said

"I wasn't expecting you for another" i check my phone and see it's 8:45 "hour and a bit"