Jolie

It's been two weeks since I've seen or heard from Ciaran. How does his mom let him get away with missing school like this? I know she's the principal but come on. You can't have your own kid go this long without showing up for school. People will get suspicious.

In other news, Joel's still a fucking piece of shit and looks at me like he is still out to feel me up. Good thing I carry around two knives. One for each hand. I'm also in the process of convincing Flora to drop Dark Chocolate from her sight. I told her about his actions at the party. She doesn't seem convinced. I'm not wasting my time. She doesn't believe me, fine. She can learn the fucking hard way when her drink is drugged next. I won't be there to save her ass because I'm not going to another party.

Today, I'm having deja vu. I get off the bus with Harlan trailing behind me as we walk up to the school. Ciaran and his buddies are crowded together. He doesn't look at me. He seems to be too busy with Chloe attached at his side and blowing in his ear. Am I back to the first day of school. He and Joel are joking around as if the birthday party didn't happen.

"Johnson, you tap that yet?" Ciaran yells.

I look at Harlan and his face is confused just as I am. I'm not dealing with this shit.I walk up to the crowd and say, "Yes, he has actually. If you weren't screwing your pornstar and coming to school like a normal teenager, you would have known this."

"Don't talk to us that way!' Chloe says.

"If you would keep your bitch on a leash, I wouldn't have to come over here. I could have continued on my way, smoking my last cigarette before school starts."

"I think you are just a jealous whore."

I laugh. "I don't get jealous. Jealousy is for people who want to be noticed by the specific person they are aiming for. If I were to make you jealous, I would be doing things to capture your attention. For instance, kissing a guy in front of you or touching him inappropriately so you retaliate and tell the guy he is no good for me, that you can do it better. In the end I win with the reward of getting that person back. I do not get jealous. I simply get revenge. If you will excuse me, I have a cigarette calling my name before I have to share a classroom with you sewer rats."

He can have Chloe. I didn't want a relationship anyway. He should give me an explanation of what his problem is.

My first class of the day, the teacher doesn't show up. It's only halfway through the period when a substitute teacher comes walking in.

"Your teacher had a last minute emergency. I'm Mr. Roser. I don't have anything for you to do so talk amongst yourselves..."

No fucking way. Mr. Roser happens to be the guy that had a few drinks with me at the bar earlier in September. We make eye contact. His face goes red and he sits behind his desk, not showing me any more recognition. Thank fuck. If this day gets any weider, I may take off two weeks of school.

"Jolie?" Mr. Roser calls me over before I walk out of the classroom last.

"Do I know you?" I act stupid.

"I didn't know you were in high school."

"Well I don't go telling people everything about me."

He closes his eyes and inhales. "Please tell me you are not a minor."

"I'm eighteen."

He exhales, "Thank God. Would you want to grab a bite to eat? Maybe catch up?"

"No thanks."

I walk out of the classroom. I want people to just leave me alone. That's only a dream because Ciaran decides to drag me through the library and in one of the aisles.