Jolie

I stare at myself in the mirror. I picked out a two piece dress with Flora while we went on our shopping adventure. It has a scoop neckline, long see through sleeves with floral designs, and a tulle skirt with sequins. Of course I got it in black. What other color is in existence?

"I can't believe my baby girl is going to a dance. This is so exciting."

"Don't start crying."

"You never go to these things so I'm having a moment."

I roll my eyes at Belinda.

"How about we make a deal. You can cry during prom, but not this."

"You're going to prom?" Belinda shrieks in excitement.

"You're right. I shouldn't get ahead of myself."

We hear knocking on the front door.

"You wait right here. I want to get pictures of you coming down the steps and see Ciaran's face!"

"Come on, Belinda. Don't be weird."

She's already down the stairs, telling Ciaran how handsome he looks.

"Can I come down now?" I shout from the top of the stairs.

"Not yet!"

"Too late."

I make my way down the stairs in time for my mom to trip over the rug, into the counters. Someone needs bubble wrap surrounding her body. I look at Ciaran and he's practically eyefucking my brains out. I guess I'm doing the same thing. Him in a black tux has me weak in the knees and wet between my thighs. His hair is slicked back with a piece hanging down in front of his eyes like a young Johnny Depp.

Beth is here too. She looks like she's about to cry. Belinda touches Beth's arm, giving her a proud look. They both are ridiculous.

"Hi." He says.

"Hi." I respond.

"I got you one of these things. My mom told me to get you one."

Ciaran opens a container with the corsage in it. I smile at the white rose surrounded by baby's breath and fancy leaves. He places it on my wrist.

"Jolie, here." Beth hands me a similar container with a single white rose that looks as if it is about to bloom. "You pin it on him."

"I feel like I'm an awkward middle schooler and don't know what the fuck I'm doing." I laugh as I push the safety pin through his suit.

"You and me both." His mouth brushes my ear. "If it were up to me, I'd take you to a lookout and fuck your brains out instead."

"And not take me to get food? How rude of you."

"You're right. I need a milkshake to lick off your body."

The thought of Ciaran licking a chocolate milkshake off me has me shook to the core in excitement. I need that to happen sooner rather than later.

"Pictures!" Belinda shouts. I jump, forgetting our mothers are here.

We take our stupid pictures to enlighten the middle aged women and head to the dance.

It's upbeat when we arrive. I'm pretty sure we are last to arrive. I find Flora and Tig snuggled together at a table. I throw my purse on the table, scaring them with my presence.

"Hello, lovebirds." I say. Mind if we make-out right along with you?"

"We were not making out." Flora crosses her arms.