Chapter 23

“Ah shit.” I say waking up. My head is killing me. I remember being at the party, and someone taking me upstairs, which I guess was Logan. I make my way downstairs, into the kitchen where I hear some people talking.

“Good morning sleeping beauty!” Evan says. “Logan, she’s awake!”

“Shhh. My head is killing me.” I say pushing on my head. “What time is it?”

“11:31.” Logan says coming into the kitchen.

“Oh my god! Kai is going to kill me.” I say nervously.

“Hey! You guys aren’t together and he was being an asshole last night. The bitch got what he deserves.” Logan says.

“He is a good guy, I promise. He is just really protective.” I say.

“I haven’t seen anything to show me he is a good guy, and until then, I will hate him, because it is my duty as your best friend.”

“Fine. Whatever you say. Did I say anything really dumb last night?” I ask, immediately regretting it.

“You said that if you turned gay you would have a cute relationship like me. But I don’t consider that entirely dumb.” Logan says to me.

“Oh my gosh I’m an idiot.” I say. “Was dylan really here or did I dream that?”

“He was here but you kicked his ass out.” Evan tells me.

“Good. He is a jerk.” I look at my phone. Four missed calls. Two from Dylan, two from Kai. “He called me.”

“Who? Kai or Dylan?”

“Both.” I smile. “What can I say? I’m a boy magnet.”

**************************************************************

Evan and Logan take me home, along with the warning if I need anything to call. I really am greatful for them. I quietly walk into the house and try to sneak in without anyone noticing, but Kai has been waiting for me.

“Welcome home.” Kai says sarcastically.

“Thanks!” I say back. I try to walk past him and go to my room, but he is not having it.

“Where the hell were you?”

“At. A. Party. Why do you care? You seemed pretty tied up back here anyway.”  I say.

“Don’t pull that bullshit on me.” He raises his voice.

“Shhh. My head is killing me.”

“Oh and you got drunk. I’m glad you are hanging out with the right people now.”

“I’m not in the mood to fight with you. I’m not your girlfriend, you can’t control me. Jesus you are almost as bad as Dylan.”

“Dylan was there? Did he try anything? Are you okay?” Kai’s voice changes to sincere.

“No. Logan and everyone else stood up for me.”

“Of course Logan did. He is trying to get in your pants!”

“Are you serious right now? Logan is gay, you asshole, and he has a boyfriend. I don’t know why I even came home. I came out to find your mom and I found you with another girl. I’ll wait for you my ass! I’m so done with this.” I say going to my room. I grab some clothes and shoes, and begin to walk out of the house.

“Where are you going?” Kai asks, following me.

“Anywhere but here.” I say.

“Araceli! Wait.” He says running in front of the door. “Look I’m sorry. I’m being a dick.”