Chapter 13

I had a great time with Kai’s family. They had a little bit of an argument about Kai sneaking out but everything was all good in the end and we just talked about anything and everything. They asked us about our wedding plans, bridesmaids and best man and such. I knew that Kayla was going to be the Maid of Honor. I am hoping that Kai will get over the fact that Dylan used to like me and have him be his Best Man. I told them about everything that happened with Jenna. They were supportive of me and told me that they will always be a phone call away. They were angry at first, that the school would allow such behavior. I was mad, too.

It never came to my attention. My mom talked to the school and they said without evidence they can't do anything, yet they Kai away from me. I don’t even think the boy who hit me got suspended. The world is so messed up. Everyone plays their favorite card and for the school, their favorite are the jocks and cheerleaders. They got away with anything and everything, while others suffer for their actions. It’s not fair, in any way shape or form. Yet, life isn't fair. Some people are born without a loving mother and father, and they did nothing to deserve it. Life is a hard place to survive in, but everyone has a chance, and I’m glad at least that is fair.

Kai’s parents left at about nine thirty P.M. They were beat and there is just something about hospitals that make you drowsy. We bid our goodbyes and Kai stayed with me. The nurse and doctor said Kai could stay the night if he wanted. I guess that is the perk of having a powerful family.

We sat and talked about places we want to move to. I definitely wanted to move out of the state. I didn’t want my dad to find me. I didn’t want to believe he exists. Kai agreed with me and we settled to move to the south, most likely Texas. We have always wanted to go there and I have family we could stay with for a little bit until we find a house. I couldn’t believe my dreams were coming true. I am going to have my own house with the love of my life.

“What about Kayla?” kai says and my brain halts. I haven’t thought about her. She was one of two of my friends, and I wasn’t going to leave without her. Especially to another state.

“I haven’t thought about it. I guess we can tell her about it and see what she wants to do.”

“Yeah, I love Kayla, I couldn’t imagine not being around her all the time.”

“Me either. We have been friends since preschool and I’m not going to just have her disappear. Which brings me to another point, are we going to have the wedding in California, or Texas?”

“Oh, I haven’t thought of that. All of our friends will be in California, but Texas has a homey feeling to it and it would tie together with the wedding. All together, it’s your choice. I want it to be the best day of your life. I mean, it already will be, you’ll be with me all day.”

“Oh, so now you are all cocky? Weddings are really stressful. How do you know I won't be a bridezilla and like totally hate you.”

“Because I know you, and you may stress out about things, but you don’t go crazy. You just come to me and I help you out.” He explains to me. He gives me a hug and sits up. “And I will always help you, no matter how busy I am.”

“Thanks. You have to be the best boyfriend ever.”

“I know I am. Can’t even compare me to Legusy.”

“You never going to forget that are you?”

“Nope. I have to make sure you stay with me.” Kai says. He must be really insecure about losing me. “I know that Legusy is great, and loveable, and-” I kiss him.

“You talk too much.” I tell him.

“I thought kissing people to make them stop talking is my job.”