Chapter 15

It honestly wasn’t bad with all of us together. Kai and Dylan got along really well and Kayla wasn't mad at Dylan. Kayla and Dylan are so cute together it was adorable. They acted like they have been together for years. This will sound really girly, but I can’t wait to go on double dates. It doesn’t focus all on me, it’s everyone. I can tell Kayla is excited to, too.

We just talked about anything for a while. We talked about graduation and Kayla and I gossiped about little things like how cute some of the doctors were at the hospital. Kai and Dylan actually have a lot of things in common. They like the same type of music, sports, pretty much anything. If Kai can stop being stubborn, they could be amazing friends. Everything was nice until the question I dreaded came along.

“So what’s going on with you two? Are you going to live together until the wedding?” Dylan asks. Damn. I was hoping that we wouldn’t have to tell them.

“Actually, Araceli is moving in to my place next Wednesday. That way she won’t have to be home when her dad comes back.” Kai says. I look at him he nods his head and I breathe in.

“AfterGraduationWeAreMovingToTexas.” I say as fast as I can get it out. I breathe out. Kayla looks shocked. What shocked me is Dylan looked just as shocked and he was the first to speak up.

“But we just got back together. I have barely talked to you!” Dylan tries to reason with us. I feel terrible. we just became friends and now it’s me who is leaving. But then I remember that it’s not my fault that we have barely talked.

“I know. I just need to leave all of this behind. Start a new life with the person I love.”

“I understand that you want to leave, but all the way to Texas?!” Dylan says.

“We will be living in Sweetwater. I have family connections around there and I feel safe.”

“Sweetwater?! That is eighteen hours away from here!” Dylan says. How does he know that? I don’t even know that. I guess that there is a genius down there somewhere. My mind immediately notices that Kayla hasn’t said a word this whole time. I direct my attention toward her and I see tears fall from her face.

“Oh no. Not you, too! Great. I made my boyfriend and my best friend cry today.” I stand up from where I was sitting and walk over to Kayla. I give her hug. “I know this is going to be hard. I am still here now and I can still visit.”

“I don't want to lose you.” She whispers to me. Kayla isn’t very emotional about anything. She keeps to herself most of the time. The fact that she is crying tells me that this means a lot to her.

“You aren’t going to lose me. I will still be your best friend. I will still have late night conversations about makeup and boys.” Both boys clear their throats to inform us that they are still here. “Not that we ever did.” I hear Kayla muster up a little chuckle.

“I almost lost you yesterday. i want to be with you at all times. I can’t if you move to Texas. We have been together since we were five. We have been through so many things together.” She says through tears. I feel my eyes starting to water. I don’t want to leave her either.

“I know.” I sniff. “We can still go on other adventures. I can’t wait to hear about the first time you come to visit us.” We laugh. Kayla is terrible with directions, so it will be interesting.

“We will come visit you guys, too.” Kai adds in.

“Yeah this still will be where I grew up and I’m not going to just forget about you guys. Everything will be fine.” I tell her. “Dylan?”

“I know. I don’t control you. I’m going to miss you, ‘Celi.” I laugh. He used to call me that when we were little. No one else was allowed to call me that. He holds out his arms and I accept his hug. I see Kai mouth to Kayla about my nickname, and all Kayla does is giggle.