Chapter 9

I forced my legs to move to go to my final class of the day. I smiled at the thought of the day being over, and me going to art. Then I remembered I had to talk to Legusy and Kayla. It dampened my mood quite a lot. My life is like a book. A terrible book that no one would read. Anyways, I had to get art and I was already at least five minutes late. Why does he always make me late?

"Hi Araceli." Jenna says a lot less enthusiastically than all the other times. "I heard about Kayla and Dylan. Tell her I'm sorry. It's a shame, really. They were so cute together and I liked Kayla." Maybe that's why she wasn't very happy.

"Oh, yeah. She was all shook up about it. But we are going to get through it. Thanks for caring." I give her a genuine smile. "What are we doing?"

"Oh!" Her voice goes back to normal. "Mrs. Jones isn't here today so just do whatever."

"Oh, cool! Thanks." We haven't got to paint whatever we want in a while. I had a vision in my head of exactly what I was going to paint. Hopefully, I could execute it like how it was in my mind. It was going to of a girl who always shows a brave face wherever she was, but once she was alone, she took her mask off and became herself. I was going to do it in water colors, so it was going to be runny, and look really cool. hopefully. I begin to get my station ready, excited to start working. I sit down, breathe in, and zone out on everything else in the room...

**********************

The bell rings and I look at the work I have been working on for the last class hour. It's basically done, I just need to do some shading in areas but I'm impressed at how much work I got done. I must've really been into it. I smile at my work, and move it to dry.

"That's amazing." I hear Jenna behind me. "How did you do that?"

"Water colors and imagination." I smile. "Thanks."

"You're welcome. I talk to you later. Bye."

"Bye." I tell her. I have to find Kayla and Legusy. It depends on who I find first but I'm hoping it's Kayla. I leave the classroom and go to Kayla's locker and she is ready to go.

"Hey. I have to talk to Legusy. You can come if you want." I tell her.

"No way. I would get too jealous and try to beat up." She laughs. "I'll wait in my car."

"See you in five."

"Bye." I see Dylan and I stop him once Kayla is gone. "Dylan!"

"What?"

"Are you still coming over?"

"Yeah. I was getting ready to leave." Good boy. He is proving that he isn't just going to leave us.

"I have to talk to Legusy. We are leaving in five minutes."

"Oh. okay. I'll wait until you leave and I will follow you guys over. What are you talking to Legusy about?"

"A lot of things. Probably you, too." I tell him.

"Great now I'm going to fail."

"You aren't going to fail. He doesn't fail Kai."

"Fine just hurry up."

"Jeez okay. See ya." I say going to Legusy's room. He is still in his room. Darn. I wasn't very lucky. I knock in his door and he looks up and smiles.

"Hey." He says to me.

"Hi." I step in. I get straight to business. "I want to read the journal that you wrote this morning."

"Oh okay." He goes up to the board and grabs the paper that has been there all day. I wonder if he invited other classes to read it. He walks over to me and hands me the paper. It is kinda crumpled from all the people holding it. I grab it in begin to read it.