Another heartbreak

"What happens earlier?" King Lucien asked. "Mr. Eduardo said that you and Lincoln fought. Why? And what was the reason for your fight?"

The prince did not answer. He was just standing and spacing out.

"I'm talking to you, AUGUSTUS!" It startled me when King Lucien slammed the table. "Do you think I didn't see what you did to Gemma? Mr. Eduardo left a copy of the CCTV near your private room. I saw how you pushed Gemma."

"Your majesty, P-Prince Augustus didn't mean to push me. I was the one ..."

King Lucien raises his hand, indicating that I stop. "Please, Gemma, don't cover him for his wrongdoing against you. Tell me the truth, does he always do this to you? "

"No, your majesty." I shook my head.

"Yes, I enjoy hurting Gemma, seeing her suffer every day. And just thinking about her makes me sick." Prince Augustus turned his gaze at me. His face looked calm, but his eyes were set ablaze. "The longer it lasts, the more I want to torture her."

"Enough!" King Lucien said out loud. "What do you want, AUGUSTUS?! Won't you stop this nonsense? "

"I want her fire now!" Prince Augustus pointed at me. "

"No." King Lucien replied instantly.

"Okay, then I had no other choice but to punish her even more." Prince Augustus said sternly, then turned his back to King Lucien.

"Do it. I dare you to lay your hands on Gemma." King Lucien made a threat. I just stood there, unsure what to do in this situation, but I couldn't just stand there and watch them yell at each other because of me.

The prince turned to King Lucien again. He quickly walks over to the king without a trace of fear or shame. "Why are you protecting her?!" Prince Augustus yelled.

"I'm not protecting her. I'm protecting YOU!" King Lucien put his finger on Prince Augustus' chest.

Prince Augustus pushed King Lucien, which surprised me even more. "BULLSHIT!" Prince Augustus shouted. "Do you think giving an ultimatum to the woman I love can protect me, huh?!"

"What exactly are you saying?" King Lucien asked confusedly.

"You understand what I mean," Prince Augustus said after a brief pause. "Did you make her choose too? My mother ... so she left me like Raeanna."

The king could not control his anger. He slapped Prince Augustus, his son. "You don't know what happened." King Lucien inhaled sharply. "I'm the King. You can't disrespect me this way."

"You don't deserve to be the King nor to be my father." Prince Augustus said as he headed out the door.

I bowed to the king and followed Prince Augustus out. I took the medical kit to the clinic before following the prince upstairs.

"Aargh!!" Prince Augustus screamed.

It shocked Raeanna and me when the prince punched the wall, causing his hand to fill with blood.

"I'm... trying to get you out of my head," he said, pointing to his head. "I'm desperately trying to be cold-hearted, but you keep showing up. You keep running through my mind, so why? WHY? "

He just let the blood dry in his hand. I could hear the banging in his room as I came up the stairs. I was waiting outside his room until he calmed down, like what I did the other day. I was about to knock on his door when Mr. Osiris came. "I'll take care of his hand." He said before taking the medical equipment I was carrying.