Fort Street Academy

I rushed to the back of the palace after reporting to the king to seek a sack. Rather than baking macaroons for him this time, I'll create a bobble to cheer him up before their practice game tomorrow after I find out how strong the Fort Street Academy players are.

"Hey!" Prince Emmanuel came unexpectedly, startling me and causing the sack I was clutching to fall off. "What are you doing?"

"N-nothing,"

"Nothing? What is the sack for?"

"Project," I replied instantly.

"You're not sure," he grinned. "I'll go ahead," I said, standing up straight and hiding the sack behind me.

"Okay," I said, quickening my pace, but before I could get away from him, he yelled my name again. "Tell the crown prince not to be too serious about the game tomorrow; it's just a practice game. It's okay if they lose."

"OK," I said as I walked away from him. Is Fort Street Academy so strong that even Prince Emmanuel expects them to be defeated right away?

I couldn't change my uniform since I was given an instruction on how to create a bobble. I completed it fast since making a bobble was simple; afterward, I had a shower and changed my clothes. I can't wait until tomorrow because I know it will delight the prince to see Raeanna cheering him on.

I reached for my phone on the nightstand, which was chirping.

"Tal?" I said to myself.

Tal Hayes:

Are you going to see the practice game tomorrow?

To: Tal Hayes

Yes,

Tal Hayes:

Do you want to sit with us?

To: Tal Hayes

Is Amarillo's game with the Fort Street Academy so intriguing that even music club members would watch in?

Tal Hayes:

We're looking forward to their battle. The fact that Fort Street Academy is Amarillo's most formidable opponent makes the prince take the game seriously. The prince is scorching hot if Fort Street Academy is involved.

The way Tal texted me. It felt like it was going to rain blood tomorrow.

Tal Hayes:

You must see it for yourself.

I hid the bobble in my backpack before heading to the prince's room and waiting for him to appear. The smile never left my face, and my feet were twitchy. Because of the time he took before leaving the room, the prince was indeed likely preparing for the game. The rattle of the door can be heard as the prince opens it.

"Prince Augustus," I said, lowering my head. "Are we leaving?" but he didn't respond. I saw the duffel bag he was carrying. "Give it to me, Prince Augustus," I grabbed it from him right away. "After you, your majesty."

He took the lead, and I trailed after. But before we could walk down, two royal guards halted us, followed by the king.

"Where are you going?" the king queried. I'm not sure what's going on. I'm curious why the king asked where we were heading when he already knew the answer.

"Your Majesty, we're going to school," I responded.

When the duffel bag caught the king's gaze I was carrying; I hurriedly hid it behind me. Because of the king's terrifying presence, my breath seems to come to a halt for a brief period. What if he orders that I unzip the prince's bag? If the king discovers what's inside this bag, he'll realize the prince is playing football. That is something I do not want to happen.

"Why's Gemma carrying your bag? What's the use of having hands if you can't carry them yourself? Did you truly intend to do it?"

"No, your majesty. I brought it by myself. Please do not scold the prince. Since I'm his personal maid, it's my job to do this." I explained.

"Gemma, don't protect him. I'm sure he's still tormenting you. But it won't happen since I decided to drop him out of Amarillo. Stay at the palace from now on. I'll hire the perfect instructor to teach you everything, including how to behave correctly as a prince. You may not leave the palace unless I tell you."

The king's choice took me aback, and when I looked across at the prince, he was silent, not even contradicting what the king had said. "Please, your Majesty. Prince Augustus works well during class, and he's one of Amarillo's outstanding students. If the reason for your decision is what he used to do to me, he doesn't harm me anymore."

"I know him well, Gemma; he won't stop until he's completely satisfied."

"That is the truth." I looked over at the prince. "I believe he was starting to mature."

"I'm not sure I understand what you're saying, Gemma. If you're telling this now because he threatened you, tell me."

"Not at all, your Majesty." I took a pause. "I probably didn't mention that the prince will take part in an Amarillo program. The prince will take part for the first time. This is an excellent way for the prince's in people's eyes in the eyes of the people; they will know that he deserves to be the heir to the throne. People will believe he is preparing to be the next ruler."

For a moment, the king hesitated.

"Your Majesty, pleeeeease." I constantly bowed to him. "Let the prince have a chance. Don't kick him out of Amarillo."

To stop me from lowering my head, the king patted me on the head. "All right, from now on, I'll entrust him to you," he remarked as he walked away from us.

"Your Majesty, thank you very much," I said as I curtsied thrice.

Although the prince said nothing at all and continued as if unconcerned, I knew he felt pleased, knowing he wouldn't be taken away from Amarillo. "don't be embarrassed. I know I'm the best," I said confidently.

I walked him to the boy's locker like I had done the previous days, but he refused to let me in this time, which shocked me. "From now on, stay out of this room," he urged.

"Okay," I responded with a surprise. I wanted to ask the prince why, but I couldn't. It's a good thing because I will no longer see half-naked males.

I pulled my phone from my skirt pocket and texted Tal.

To: Tal Hayes

Where are you now?

Tal Hayes:

Waiting for you on the field.

To: Tal Hayes

I'm on my way.

Raeanna flashed into my mind right when I was about to put the phone back into my pocket. Is she here yet?

To: Raeanna Csilla Ferrel

Raeanna, Don't forget to come. He is looking forward to seeing you.