The start of my agony

I can't look at the prince because of the shame I've created. The prince waited for me; he was the one who waited for me, Gemma! The car eventually comes to a halt, and I breathe a sigh of relief since I've been feeling a lot of tension since the car started. As the prince and I descended, the students immediately bowed to him.

"Five meters."

"Huh?" I glared at him.

"You should be at least 5 meters away from me." Prince Augustus stated.

"Five feet?" I muttered. I began to count. "Ah, Prince Augustus?"

"The first rule is to stay five meters away from me, and the second rule is not to talk to me," Prince Augustus added as he continued walking.

"But..."

"Prince Augustus, we're going back to the palace." Mr. Osiris said as well as the royal guards bent down.

He, too, has rules, like King Lucien.

"There is just one rule I expect you to obey. I know it won't happen, but I still want to warn you. Don't fall in love with him."

I couldn't stop chuckling. What? Fall in love with that arrogant prince, lol. I guarantee the king that I will not be put in such a position. "Please forgive me, your Majesty. That will never happen, king Lucien!"

Fall in love? HAHA, that's hilarious!

I was terrified since Mr. Osiris was about to go. I moved my mouth softly up to his ear to whisper. "Mister? Could you please not leave?" I muttered. "I don't know anyone here, and I'm nervous."

Mr. Osiris laughed aloud reason why the prince had stopped walking. "I apologized, Prince Augustus," he bent his head and said to me. "I'm sorry, Miss Gemma, but the prince does not wish for us to be here." Mr. Osiris pats me on the back of the head.

I feel like I've gone back to my first day of high school: my anxiety and terror-filled my entire body. I saw the students; they weren't staring at the prince but at me, so I glanced down as I moved to avert their sight. Who wouldn't notice? I'm the only female student here, so why do we have to attend the same school, not just any school, but a boy's school? Can I at least go to a regular school?

The prince stepped inside the elevator. I was about to follow him, but he beckoned for me to halt with his hand. "Take the stairs; I'm the only one who can use the elevator." As the elevator progressively shut down, I was forced to use the stairs.

I was on the third floor, but I felt like I would run out of air, so I paused for a second to catch my breath. It's one more floor to the homeroom. I was about to take a step forward when rubbish fell on my head. "Wait, what?" I glanced up to see who had thrown trash on my head. There, I saw three men laughing, and they stopped when I looked at them, intimidating.

"Oh, I'm sorry, we didn't intend to throw trash on you," the youngster apologized before fleeing.

"You intended to dump garbage on my head," I mumbled, irritated. Fortunately, the trash they dumped was only paper, but there was a dirt stain on the sleeve of my suit. I sighed, embarrassed. "I hate men's school."

I stand near the door, searching the room for Prince Augustus. Once I spotted him seated in the second row, and the seat next to him was unoccupied, I went in and sat down.

I haven't been able to sit properly when a man chases me away. "You're sitting in my chair," remarked the man in front of me.

"I apologize." I got out of my chair and sought another one. Now I have no option but to sit at the back because it's the only available seat.