Macaroons

After Raeanna left, I went back to the field. I'll never forget what Raeanna said, her screams and cries. Prince Augustus despised Raeanna simply because of the decision she made for her family. Raeanna, who felt very guilty about her decision, blamed herself, although it was for her own good. I feel sorry for them. Both are in pain and are suffering. THIS WORLD IS TOO CRUEL.

The practice game ended, and Borstal won, so Windsor came out in tears. Well, this isn't the actual game yet, so they shouldn't be too affected. The prince went straight to his private room, where I thought of giving him the macaroons again.

"Prince Augustus," I said as I handed him the box of macaroons, smiling. "I made this especially for you. I want to wish you luck, but since Borstal won the practice game, I'll give it to you to congratulate you on your victory over Windsor University. Chef Och, of course, taught me how to make macaroons. I hope you enjoy it."

When Prince Augustus took the box in my hand, my smile seemed to reach my ears. "Tell me if..." however, the smile vanished the moment he threw it. It was crushed and strewn across the floor. "If you like... prince,"

"Are you trying to poison me with those macaroons, huh?" Prince Augustus said aloud.

"No, no, prince t-the macaroons I made are not poisonous. That is something I will make certain of." I said, trying to explain that there was no poison in the macaroons.

"Prove it!" He kicked the macaroon on the floor towards me. "Eat it, negie," he said firmly.

"B-but?"

The prince was dead serious when he said, "NOW!" His expression was serious; he wanted me to eat the macaroons that had already fallen to the floor. "DO IT!" he exclaimed.

"FUCK!" He yelled as he tightened his grip on my left arm. I was stunned by him, unable to breathe, and my entire body trembled with terror. His eyes were enraged, and his fist seemed poised to strike me. "You've screwed my life so much since you arrived!"

"WHAT THE FUCK DID RAEANNA SAY?!"

"Raeanna? S-she said nothing to me ..." He wrapped both his hands around my neck. "P-prince." His hand tightened around my neck. I tried to remove his hand because I couldn't breathe, nor could I feel my face. "Prince l-let me g-go," I said, gasping for air.

Because of his yell, what he did to me flashed in my mind over and over again. The frightening feeling returned, and just thinking about it made my entire body tremble. "Prince s-sorry, but I-I don't want to do it... please, I don't want to," I pressed my fingers and palms together to beg.

"All right. But if you don't do what I ask you to do, I'll tell your King that you tried to poison me," he threatened.

"But there is no poison, Prince, believe me," I explained.

"So, EAT THAT!" He screamed angrily.

"I will do anything to protect the Mendoza family."

"When I grow up, Dad, I promise to work hard. I'll get a medal when I finish grade school. Then, when I'm in high school, I'll be the school president, I'll study abroad, even become one of the famous violinists like my mama."

"I've had enough of this life, Edward! You're only thinking about your business. What about your kids, Edward? WHAT ABOUT YOUR TIME WITH YOUR KIDS?"

"Pa-papa k-kuya... Samuel wasn't in his room, h-he's gone. What if something bad happens to him? PLEASE FIND KUYA SAMUEL, PAPA!"

"Pa? Why is Mama crying while holding her violin?"

"Uh... I-I don't know. Maybe her violin broke again. HAHAHAHA. "

I picked up the macaroons on the floor. As I slowly brought them closer to my mouth, tears also dripped into my eyes.

"Papa, papa!" Please don't take him; he didn't do what you accuse him of! PLEASE!"

"Learn your lesson." Prince Augustus said as he slammed the door.

A great sob escaped me as I fell to my knees. I covered my mouth with my shaking hand. "Papa, papa, papa!" I uttered it over and over again.

*CELLPHONE CHIMES*

I took the phone out of my pocket. When I opened up, Blythe's messages came to me, which surprised me a lot, the reason I cried even more, but not because of pain or sadness but because of joy.

Lil' sis Blythe:

Kuya Samuel is back, ate Gemma. Big bro is finally home. It would be best if you got back here. Forget about the school trip and just come back because Kuya Samuel is waiting for you.

*LIL 'SIS BLYTHE SEND YOU A PHOTO*

Kuya just confessed, and guess what he confessed about? He's gay! Isn't that awesome? I got two big sisters now.

I feel like a crazy person, crying while laughing. "I'm glad you're home, Kuya Samuel." My eyes welled up with tears of joy.

"Gemma!"

I couldn't quite see who was calling me because of the tears still accumulating in my eyes. I wiped away that tear. As the tears dried in my eyes, it surprised me to see Prince Emmanuel running towards me.

I rose to my feet and bowed to him. "You are here, Prince Emmanuel,"

"What happens? Why are you crying? Did Cynfael hurt you?" Prince Emmanuel repeatedly queried, "THAT BASTARD!" He was about to knock on the door, so I held his hand to stop him.

I shook my head. "He didn't do anything, Prince Emmanuel. The macaroons were thrown on the floor because I fell, and I was crying not because he hurt me, I was crying because I was happy... because my older brother came back home after years," I explained.

"Don't lie, Gemma," Prince Emmanuel warned, sounding worried.

"No, I'm not," I replied with a big smile.