Eliminated

We had no trouble finding a place to stay. Mishelley's parents temporarily allowed us to use their second home, which is also close to the compound. Alvez's family, as well as our friend Abel, greeted us.

"Surprise?" Abel smiled while raising both his hands.

I respond by smiling at Abel.

"You don't have to do anything, Mr. and Mrs. Alvez; simply allowing us to live here is enough. You let us stay without hesitation. I'm not sure how we can repay your generosity." Mama said.

"No, Catina, we gladly helped, so don't think about how to repay us. Think about Allerick, Blythe, Gemma, and yourself. In your current situation, Catina, this isn't the worst thing that could happen to you; you'll go through a lot, and others will criticize you much more." Aunt Haydee, Mishelley's mom, reminded mama.

"I know Mrs. Alvez." Mama gave a kind grin. Mama's smile, a smile that encourages me. We'll go through more, and one day we'll encounter a more serious problem.

"Shall we go inside?" Mr. Mike motioned for the door.

Mama and Mishelley's parents continue to chat in the kitchen as Aunt Haydee prepares lunch. Abel and Mishe helped me carry our belongings out of the car.

As Abel laid down on the hood of the car, he took a deep breath. "So, what happens now? What are your plans now that everyone knows what happened to your father?" Abel queried. "It will have a great impact on your family, particularly you as the current president of Amarillo University."

"And I'm sure Tara will use this to pull you down and declare herself president," Mishelley added.

"That is undeniably true. We all know Tara is my strongest opponent in Amarillo; she wants to be president, but that will not happen." I said firmly. "I, too, do not want to lose my position."

Both Mishelley and Abel applaud. "Does it mean we're going to school now?" Abel expressed his dissatisfaction. Mishelley and I both hit him up, causing him to rise from his slumber. "Ow!"

"I bet you didn't come here for me, right? Is this your excuse for your mother? Help us here so you would have to miss school. " I sneered with a furrowed eyebrow.

"Of course not. I drove Allerick and Blythe to school and helped you with unloading your stuff from the car."

"Well, bad news for you because we're going to school, so go home, take a bath, and get ready because you're going to take Gemma to school," Mishelley said.

"OK, all right." Abel let out a sigh. Before he went, he dragged us inside. "You should be dressed by the time I arrive."

"Copy," I responded by giving him the OK sign.

Mishelley and her parents also left after we finished eating. I've already prepared, so we'll depart as soon as Abel arrives.

"Gemma, come down. Abel is here!" Mama yelled from downstairs.

"Coming!"

I was so eager to go that I had almost forgotten my backpack. As I approached, I realized Abel was not dressed in a uniform.

"Abel, what are you wearing? You should be wearing a uniform... ah, never mind." Before I left, I kissed mama on the cheek. "Mama, take a nap. Okay, I'll take care of that when I get home."

"Goodbye, Aunt!" Abel jokes, then I drew him out.

"You! How many times do I have to remind you not to address me as aunt? "

"OK, AUNT!" Abel continues to tease Mama.

The student's gaze changed for the moment Abel and I stepped out of the vehicle. They stare at me as if I were a criminal, not a school president. I can't blame them. The world is aware of the issue; it would not be surprising if we were trending on social media. It is unlikely that they were unaware of what happened last night.