Race Track

I was lying in bed when I thought about Prince Augustus and the Borstal. I took out my laptop and went to Borstal's website, but there was no new information regarding Prince or anybody else. Why do I think about them? It didn't matter to them if I left. The prince was obviously happy about me leaving.

I took out my phone. When I check the text messages, I am astounded to see that the messages I typed were sent to Prince Augustus.

Prince Augustus Hearst:

You deserve every harsh word I've uttered about you. However, I should not refrain from saying thank you. You must at least inform me that you are the one who carried me to the doctor. What's the point of lying about it? Why bother Lincoln?

"NO!" I yelled. "The prince has already seen it!" You're so careless, Gemma, you never consider before you act. Gosh! This is too humiliating. No way... Why am I behaving this way? I won't see the prince anymore because I'm no longer the personal maid. I shouldn't be worried.

I was about to turn off the phone when Felipe's name appeared in my chatbox. I felt hesitant to click on it at first, but I was too eager to know about their chats. My phone beeps nonstop as if it's about to burst from the hundreds of texts they've sent.

Felipe:

That's why I haven't seen you around the Borstal because you were kicked out. Darn! This irritates me. After they disband the club, they toss you out of the Borstal.

Kick? Who? Me? Ugh! Is that what they're saying? Spreading rumors that are far from true. This is hilarious, but I'm more irritated!

Janus:

GEMMA!!! Is it true what they say? Did the President force you to leave Borstal?

Elias:

This is f*cking messed up! Those cretins. Gemma, I'm going to do something about it. Don't worry; I'll make you return to Borstal as well as the music club. I guarantee it.

Apart from Tal, the twins, Felipe, and Elias sent me texts. Tal, I think he's still upset. I was guilty of the sin I had committed against them; I had not only broken up the music club but also not announced my departure. I don't deserve to be considered their friend.

I didn't notice the book on the side table; I dropped it as I put down the phone. I was able to get it to the ground. It included a photograph of Prince Augustus in the book. Before I could eventually follow Prince Augustus, Prince George handed me this photograph. I'm not sure what he means by what he said. I'll give it to the prince if he's old enough to understand everything.

I've been gone from the palace for two weeks. I'm at ease, I'm no longer suffering, but I miss going to school. Finding a new school is making things much more difficult. Borstal still has my documents, which allow me to move to another school.

I went back home after sending the two mischievous children to school. Deacon showed up, resting against his fancy car. "Uh... What are you doing here?" I inquired, taken aback.

"I've come to apologize," Deacon said as he walked into me.

I snorted. "I doubt you came here only to apologize."

"Well, I want to show you something." He said. "May you come with me?"

"It depends where."

Deacon started opening his car door, although I had not yet accepted it. "Don't worry, I won't take you anywhere I know you won't like; you, Maria Gemma, are my guest."

I agreed to accompany him since it seemed like fun.

The car screeched to a halt in front of the big gate. Before we went inside, Deacon showed the man on the side a card. The gate began to open gradually. It amazed me to see so many racing cars. "This is the kind of fun I'm talking about,"

Seeing thousands of cars is far too amusing. Different colors, sizes, and racers are wearing their own suits. Wow... This is the first time I've been able to witness car racing, and it seems surreal yet exhilarating. "Why did you bring me here?" I inquired.

"I want to show you what my life is like when I'm not on the field," Deacon said, turning his gaze to mine. "I was fourteen when I fell in love with cars; I learned to drive because of my father until I discovered that there was such a world. Just like football, racing is a part of me. I can't live without racing."

"You're Deacon," I said with a grin. "You're great at everything,"

Almost everyone who sees Deacon welcomes him and gives him a high five. "Hey, Nyx! You might want to introduce us to your girl," the blonde-haired man said.

Nyx? Is he referring to Deacon?

Deacon placed his lips on my ear. "They call me Nyx here," he whispered, returning his gaze to the blonde man. "I know you, dude!" Deacon said, laughing.

"What? I just want to know her," the guy with blonde hair said.

"Fine, this is Gemma," Deacon said, introducing me. "She's my summer camp friend."

"Nice chicks, Nyx," said a man clutching a helmet with tattoos all over his body. "My name is Carlos," he said as he extended his hand to me.

"Gemma," I said, reaching out my hand, but Deacon swatted it away.

"Don't f ** cking touch her!" said Deacon, raising his voice.

"I'm only introducing myself, and I won't take him away from you as you did to..."

"Watch your tongue, Carlos!" he said, threatening the man. "Let's leave. There's dirt around here suddenly," he said, pulling me away from his friends.

"You shouldn't act like that in front of your friend," I added as we continued walking.

Deacon paused. "He's not my friend Gemma, so keep away from him!" he added, his brow furrowed. He opened the door of the car next to us. "Come on in!"

"Me?" I said, pointing to myself.

Deacon nodded.

"Why? Don't tell me you're taking me to your race?" I took a step back. "Don't drag me into this, Deacon; you're just upset."

"I'm the best driver in the world. Trust me; I know what I'm doing," he said with a devilish smirk. He forced me to get inside the car, despite my pleas. I can't get out of the car, no matter how hard I try.

"I DON'T WANT!" I exclaimed. "I don't. I don't. I don't. Get me out of here, Deacon. This is too dangerous. You're not in your right mind!"

"What? Sorry, I can't hear you. The engine is too loud." With a sly grin, Deacon said.

With a shake of my head, I expressed my discomfort with the situation. "What are you doing?" I asked as Deacon approached me gradually. He's so close that our bodies are ready to collide. "Deacon Kline, please keep your distance!"

"Seatbelt for your safety," he said as he fastened it around my waist. "What are you thinking?" he asks, busting out laughing.

I felt humiliated when he laughed out loud. I avoided him, continuing to giggle uncontrollably. He stopped laughing and sped up the car. At its pace, I yelled and put my head down. "WHAT THE HECK, DEACON KLINE!" I yelled.

"Why don't you open your eyes and see how much fun it is!" he said louder.

"I'm terrified!" I shouted.

"You think I'm going to harm you?" I opened my eyes slowly. I went right to him, and he was beaming back at me.