Day 10: Accidents Happen

Neji's POV

I was sparring with Tenten in the usual training area. She's improving fairly well with her ninja tools. I smile at her. She smiles back. She runs at me and our kunai clash. I dodge the shuriken she throws my way. The way she's coming at me now looks like she's trying something new. 

I step back. The next thing I hear is squealing. I stumble backward and partially fall. Tenten trips and falls on me but catches herself before we both fall completely to the ground. I stare at her. "Are you alright?" I ask. Her face flushes pink. "Y-Yeah. I, I'm fine." My own face starts heating up as well. We stare at each other for a good moment before carefully getting up and pulling away from one another.

Maki's POV

For the second progress report, we go over our dislikes. The two of us sat at the kitchen table eating lunch. "Okay, so you don't like sad friends." I blush at the memory of how that came to be. "Nope." Kiba lightly chuckles. "Stinky smells." I can't help but giggle. I know it's not funny considering how sensitive his nose is, but still. "Hate them." He scrunches up his nose. "I'm gonna take a long shot at this one and say you don't like looking weak." I take a bite of my sandwich as I wait for his response. He grumbles a bit. "Yeah. I mean, it's not fun being spent when others still have a few tricks up their sleeves." He shrugs. It's obvious I hit a soft spot, so I decided to talk about something else. 

I swallow my food and softly smile. "You're not a fan of cats." "I don't not like them. They're just not my favorite. I do tolerate them for others' sake, though." "Awe." I go to finish up my food. "Okay, it's your turn now." He stretches and puts a big grin on his face. "The color yellow sucks for you." "Eh, nothing wrong with it. I just don't care for it." I shrug. "Bugs are a breaking point for you, but you can tolerate them when Shino's controlling them." My skin begins to crawl a little. "More or less." He snickers. Alright, alright." He takes a drink of water and licks his lips. My plate is empty, and my glass has about an inch of water left.

Kiba goes and gathers up our dishes. I watch as he carries them to the sink. "Anything else you'd like to add to the list?" Kiba asks as he turns on the faucet. "Mmm..." I tap my fingers on the table in thought. "Come on, there's gotta be at least one more thing." He laughs. Nothing specifically food comes to mind. But I know what type of food I don't like. "Nothing spicy. Anything past mild, at least." I sheepishly smile. "It's alright. I don't care for a lot of spice either. I prefer meaty and chewy foods." The sound of water disappears. Kiba turns around and sits in his chair again. "Woof." I bark at him playfully. "Hey, I can't help that I love meat." I laugh at him. "I think we're ready for Kakashi's next visit." Kiba reaches over and ruffles my hair. "Hey." I laugh and playfully swat at him. He chuckles, amused by my reaction.