Kiba's House

I walk home with Kiba after class as planned. I don't think Neji was too thrilled, but agreed since it was for the project. When we get to Kiba's house, we're greeted by an older looking woman with a pony tail and red marks on her cheeks like Kiba's. "Hello, you must be Kiba's girlfriend." The woman giggled. I blush. I turn to Kiba and see his face is a dark shade of pink. "H-Hana, s-she's just my friend and partner for that stupid project Iruka sensei called everyone's families about!" He shouted in embarrassment.

Hana laughs. "Oh Kiba, I'm just messing with you. I know all about that project." Hana explains, trying to calm him down. "Yeah." He sighs in relief. "So, have you figured out where she's sleeping yet? You know we don't exactly have a guest bedroom." Hana smirks. Kiba's face heats up again. "N-No, n-not yet." He answers.

"I can just sleep on the couch. It's not a big deal to me." I poke my head into the conversation. "You don't have to sleep on the couch if you don't want to. You can always sleep with Kiba. He'll keep you nice and warm on the chilly nights to come this month." Hana comments. She must love messing with him.

I giggle. "Hana!" Kiba shouts again. Look, I think she's got a boyfriend already. I'm not sure sleeping in my bed is going to make her look like a good girlfriend." He pinches the bridge of his nose, still embarrassed. "Sure she can. So long as sleep is the only thing going on." She chuckles with a soft smirk. Kiba looks at her in shock, blushing bright red. I can't blame him as I stood there with bright red cheeks as well.

Hana turns and looks at me. "May I ask who the lucky guy is? It's obviously not my little brother here." She snickers at the last part. So this is the sister he mentioned earlier. "N-Neji, Neji Hyuga." I answer nervously. "Oh, that's nice. Well I hope you two are happy together." She smiles. "Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna show Maki around." Kiba says, pulling me away from his sister. I laugh as I follow him inside, the embarrassment slowly leaving me alone.

Kiba and I walked inside, and he showed me around. The living room, kitchen, bathroom, ect. He showed his room last. It wasn't very big, but not too small either. He had his bed in the middle of the room against the wall.

His dog Akamaru sleeps in an extra large doggy bed on the floor. He's huge. I know he wasn't always this big though. I remember when Kiba used to carry him around all the time.

Akamaru warmed up to me quickly. Which is a good thing since I'll be living here for a while. He loved when I rubbed him and scratched behind his ears. Kiba just smiled at me warmly as he watched me play with Akamaru. Kiba and I hung out in his room most of the day.

I went home later on that evening. Kiba offered to walk me back since it was so late. I agreed and walked with him. "Hey Maki, did you have fun? Apart from my sister trying to embarrass me that is." He asked, his cheeks flushing a little. I giggled. "Y-Yeah, I had fun." I smiled. Kiba turns to Akamaru and whispers something in his ear. The two then stopped in their tracks.

Before I could figure out what was going on, Akamaru kneeled down. What are they up to? Kiba walks over to me and holds out his hand. "Trust me?" He asks. "W-What?" I ask, not understanding. "Do you trust me?" He repeats. "S-Sure." I answer, slightly dragging out the word.

Kiba grins and picks me up off the ground. He holds me for a moment and walks over to Akamaru who was now lying down. I look at Kiba then to Akamaru and then back to Kiba again.

A smirk graces his lips. Kiba carefully climbs on Akamaru and places me in front of him. At Kiba's command, Akamaru rises and starts to walk. "W-Whoa!" I shout, grabbing Kiba's hands when Akamaru's body lurches forward. "Just tell Akamaru where to go and we'll take you home. Don't worry, I won't let you fall." He takes notice of my hand placement and smiles a goofy grin. I smile back then tell Akamaru where to go.

We make it to my house about fifteen minutes later. It wasn't much, but it was a place to live. I say this because it's not anything like Neji or Kiba's house. Kiba carefully helps me down and walks me to my door. "T-Thanks, K-Kiba." I thank him. "You're welcome." "Goodnight." I don't know why, but I felt a need to hug him. I lean in and give him a quick hug. He was surprised at first but hugged back a second later. "Goodnight Maki." We let go and I walked inside.

I cracked the door a little and watched him and Akamaru ride back home. I smiled at them before slowly closing the door with a quick click of the lock. Hmm, it was going to be fun living with Kiba.