Day 11: Surprise Vacation

Kiba and I are sleepily eating breakfast when a hand slams on the table. I shiver and jerk my head up. Laughter ensued after. I relax when I realize it's just Kiba's mom. Hana trails behind her snickering. "Mom, isn't it a little too early to be this cheerful?" Kiba groans. "Oooh, somebody's cranky this morning." Tsume reaches over and ruffles his hair. "Hey now!" He squabbled.

I swallowed my food and tried to see what was sticking out underneath Tsume's hand. "Um, what's that?" I point to her hand. Tsume, after messing with her son, turns to me. A big smirk forms on her lips. "Oh, this?" She slides the slips of paper towards us. "This is what we'll be doing today." "And that is?" Kiba questionably raises an eyebrow. Tsume just smiles and removes her hand. Kiba snatches up the paper slips and looks them over.

His cheeks become a hair pinker than usual. "What's this about?" He holds the tickets up. "I thought we could all go to the hot springs together and relax." She smiles innocently. The hot springs, huh? I feel a tinge of embarrassment. "What's the point of going together when we'll all be separated?" Kiba questions. I grab one of the tickets out of his hand and look it over.

'ADMIT ONE: ALL INCLUSIVE HOT SPRINGS VOUCHER'. It read in all capital letters. His thumb must have been covering that part. "Don't worry, it's gender neutral. Unless you want to go by yourself and Hana and I can have a girls' day with Maki." She snickers. Kiba sighs. "It's fine. It's probably best not to leave her alone with the likes of you two." His cheeks grow pinker. "Awe, afraid we'll embarrass you, little brother?" Hana coos. "With the two of you, it's possible." Kiba pouts. "Alright now, let's get going. We'll leave in thirty minutes." She takes the tickets from us and pockets them.

Kiba and I hurry up and get ready. I'm glad I packed swimwear with me. Although, I didn't think I'd actually need it. I got ready in the bathroom and Kiba his room. Before I got dressed, I stuffed what I needed in my bag. I got dressed in a grey sweatshirt with black leggings.

After I was done, I walked back to Kiba's room and gave a little knock. "Yeah?" He answers from the other side. "You decent yet?" I ask, hand lightly resting on the doorknob. "Yes." I could sense the implied eye roll. I open the door and walk in. I stop halfway in the doorway when I see Kiba pulling his shirt on over his head. "Y-You said you were decent." My face heats up. I didn't expect to walk in on him shirtless. "When I have pants on, I consider myself decent. But I had no idea you were this eager to see me shirtless." He smirks as he finishes adjusting his shirt. I groan and face palm. Kiba starts snickering. "It's fun messing with you like this." I stick my tongue out at him. "You about ready?" He quickly changes the subject. "Yeah, I think so." "Alright, let's go find my mom and sister." I nod and follow after him.

We meet up with his mom and sister and leave for the hot springs. The walk there was mostly quiet. Although I kept hearing hushed whispers from Hana and Tsume. What could they be plotting now?

Once we get there, Tsume checks us all in. "Okay, we're all set." Tsume later comes back and hands us our robes. I take mine and just get an awkward feeling. "Come on, you two, time to have some fun now." Hana happily smiled. I nervously smiled back. Kiba and I followed the two until we got to the gender neutral spring.

We stand outside the sliding glass door. It looks really nice and relaxing. "Alright, you two, I'm really sorry, but there's been a change of plans." Tsume starts. Huh? What does she mean change of plans? "What the?" Kiba tenses up. "Hana and I decided to take a regular soak this time. Sorry. You two can stay here if you want." Tsume casually tells us. Kiba's jaw drops in surprise. "Mmmm." I nervously bite my lip. "If you're uncomfortable, Maki, you're more than welcome to come with us." "M-Mom!" Kiba partially shouts, embarrassment in his voice. "I, I'm fine. I'm more in the mood for a soak than a bath." I wave off her offer. "Alright, suit yourself then." Tsume grins, walking away. "Have fun, but not too much fun." Hana giggled as she trailed behind Tsume.