Final Assignment

A/N: Okay, before you guys start reading this I just want to let you this story's going to be in the shippuden arc and in this story they're finishing their last year in high school aka the academy. For this story ignore that some of the characters were in higher levels of the academy. For example Gai's team. So anyway, you get the idea now. Now you're free to continue the story.

I sat in the classroom waiting for Iruka sensei to start the second half of class. He said something about having a special end of the year assignment for us. But said he wouldn't reveal anything about it until the last half of class. So here I wait, bored as hell. I look at the clock on the wall at the front of the room. Ugh, two minutes left till the end of lunch bell rings. I sigh and rest my head in my hands. 

I hear the door click open. My ears perk up and I look for the source that opened the door. A glimpse of long black hair catches my attention. Only one of my classmates has hair like that. Which happens to be my boyfriend, Neji.

A smile appears on my face as he walks to my table. He sits next to me and wraps an arm around my shoulders. I blush as I feel him lean in close. His lips peck my cheek. "Hey there, princess. Have a nice lunch?" He asks, smiling. "Yeah, it was good." I replied softly. The warmth of his arm dissipates once the others start coming back. Iruka was the last one to walk in.

Usually I sit with Hinata, but Neji traded seats with Naruto to be with me. At first, she was reluctant to switch, but changed her mind when she found out it meant getting to sit with Naruto. She loves him so much. I don't blame her. I'd be the same way. I love Neji whole heartedly. I really hope he's my project partner. If it's a group project that is. I'm not opposed to making new friends. I'm just not sure if I'm ready to.

The only friend that's really close to me, Neji aside, is Hinata. Sure, I'm friends with the others, but Hinata's my closest friend. I wanna say she knows practically everything there is about me. If I had to pick a close guy and girl friend, hands down it would be Naruto and Hinata. Although technically Neji's the first close guy friend, but that's not the point right now. It's kinda funny though since they both have huge crushes on each other. They're too shy and oblivious to confess though. Perfect couple, right?

Iruka sensei clears his throat after shuffling his papers. "Alright everyone, it's time to discuss your final project. It'll be worth 25% of your grade. That's almost half. Please do well not to fail this assignment." Groans erupt all over the room. Mine included. I think the loudest one came from Naruto. Along with some incomprehensible words muttered under his breath.

If I know him well enough, which I do, he's probably mumbling about how he's going to fail. "Settle down everyone so I can call your partners. If you can't tell, this is a group project." Iruka called over the room. Everyone quiets down after a few seconds. Sounds like everyone's ready to get this assignment done and over with. Good. Great, the last assignment's a group project. Projects always make me nervous from how unsocial I typically am.

Before Iruka sensei starts calling out partners, Neji leans in close. "I hope we're paired together. I honestly don't feel like working with anyone other than you this time. Besides that, its's probably going to be a waste of time." He whispers. I blush and giggle. "You just don't want to share me any more than you have to." I smile softly. Neji snickers. "Maybe, maybe not. Still, I'm not too enthused." I playfully roll my eyes at him. I then discreetly snake my left arm around his waist. By now everyone was quiet and nervously waiting for what was about to happen.

I watch as Iruka pulls out his clipboard. He clears his throat and then begins reading off our names. "Choji and Ino." Two moans sound from the back of the room. They're not too happy. "Lee and Sakura." Sakura face palmed with a groan. Lee cheered, very pleased with his partner. "Hinata and Naruto." Naruto blushed and smiled nervously. Hinata started blushing so hard I thought she was going to faint. "Kiba and Maki." Kiba smiled warmly. I'm sure he's just glad it's nobody he's not fond of. If it has to be somebody else, I'm glad it's him and not someone like Lee. It still hurts that it's not Neji, but I'm not going to get all worked up about it like the others.