Day 3: Growing Closer

Sun shines in from the windows, blinding me and bringing me out of my nightly slumber. I rub my eyes and look around. The first thing I see is the ceiling of the room. Where am I? I don't remember falling asleep last night. Last thing I remember was talking to Kiba. Speaking of him, where is he? He hardly ever leaves my side.

I sit up and my blanket falls to the floor. I'm in the living room on the couch. Oh yeah, that's right. I didn't want to sleep in his bed. I wonder if he's up or still sleeping. I'm sure I'll know soon enough.

I get up and grab the blanket off the floor and start folding it. A familiar song pops in my head as I start to sing it. "I've got my ticket for the long way 'round. Two bottle 'a whiskey for the way and I sure would like some sweet company and I'm leaving tomorrow what do you say." I pause for a moment before continuing.

"When I'm gone, when I'm gone. You're gonna miss me when I'm gone. You're gonna miss me by my hair, you're gonna miss me everywhere oh. You're gonna miss me when I'm gone." I shook my butt as I sung this part.

Now I get into the part where it's a little high pitched. "I've got my ticket for the long way 'round. The one with the prettiest of views. It's got mountains, it's got rivers, it's got sights to give you shivers. But it sure would be prettier with you." After folding the blanket, I placed it on the back of the couch and then just kind of start dancing around.

I take a three second break before going into the chorus again. "When I'm gone, when I'm gone. You're gonna miss me when I'm gone. You're gonna miss by my walk, you're gonna miss me by my talk oh. You're gonna miss me when I'm go- Ahhhh!!!" I scream when I turn to see Kiba, in a t-shirt and boxers no less, smiling and clapping. My face feels so red and heated.

I shy away from him. "Wow, that was great. I didn't know you could sing and dance." I blush more. Is that even possible? "Um, t-thanks. I, I don't really do that in front of people. Sometimes I do it for Neji. T-The singing part. He, He's never really seen me dance." I answer "Oh, I see." He gives a slight nod of his head. "You didn't hear that." I say pleadingly. Kiba smirks. "I did and it was beautiful, but for your sake I'll pretend that I didn't." A light smile graces his lips. I smile in relief.

After that ordeal, Kiba doesn't try persisting in my singing and dancing. Guess he learned his lesson from the last time. Hmph, serves him right. He's not obligated to know my past, just my present. Maybe, just maybe if we get close enough, I might consider opening up to him a little.

He walks away from me and walks toward the radio across the way. Kiba turns it on and flips to a station I don't listen to often. I don't recognize the song, but it sounds upbeat and fun. I hum along to the beat. I drum my fingers against my hips. Since this isn't true dancing, I don't care if Kiba sees it.

I see Kiba make his way over to me. I smile warmly at him. He smiles back. When Kiba gets close enough to me, he holds out his hand. What does he want? Does he want me to follow him or something? No, no that can't be it. It looks like he's trying to dance with me.

Is that true? "What?" I ask nervously. He laughs at me. "Will you dance with me?" He asks nervously. My stomach fills with tiny little butterflies. Instead of answering out loud, I just nod my head. He takes my hand in his. We start swaying to the music playing in the background. We sway and twirl around. Laughing and smiling.

A few moments later, we stop and lean into one another. I'm starting to get more comfortable with him. At some times more comfortable than I should though. I feel him smiling down on me. I wonder what he's thinking.