Day 14: Suspicions

I wake up from my first real night sharing Kiba's room. I yawn and stretch. I look over and smile. Kiba laid partially sprawled out. His mouth was slightly open. It was an adorable sight to see. One hand draped over his stomach while the other rested behind his head on the pillow. I decided I didn't have the heart to wake him.

I carefully slip out of bed. I'll wake him after I take a shower. I quietly get into my bag and pull out clean clothes. I balance them on top of my bag and go set the shower. I get a towel and my shower stuff. I walk back in and set my stuff down. I strip out of my pajamas and step into the hot shower.

Once I'm done, I pull back the curtain and grab my towel. I dry off before stepping out of the shower. I snuggly wrap the towel around my body. I then go to brush my teeth. If I don't do it now, I'm not gonna do it later. I mean, I will, but they won't get brushed until after dinner at the earliest.

I spit out the mouth wash and then reach for my clothes. My stomach sinks when I don't pick up anything. Oh no. I forgot my clothes. I must have knocked them off my bag getting my other stuff.

I suck on my lip. I'm sure he's still asleep. I haven't heard anything since I've been out of the shower. Even if he is awake, it's only a towel. The big fluffy kind, too. It's better than walking in there naked. I'm at least covered for the most part. I groan. Here goes nothing.

I quickly but quietly go back in the room. I do my best to sneak past Kiba. I glance at him every few seconds. Still sound asleep. For now.

I'm almost past him when the floor squeaks. Shit. Stupid floor. I hear him begin to stir. "Mmm." I freeze to see if he'll fall back asleep. He stretches with a small grunt. His nose wiggles. "Whatever shampoo or body wash you use smells really good." He mumbles sleepily. And that's my cue that I should probably hurry up and leave.

I take a step and a half forward when I feel something tug on my towel. I mentally squeak. I pull away and grab my clothes. Yup, they fell next to my backpack. "Maki, come here." His voice husky and groggy. "In a minute, Kiba. I've gotta get dressed." I hold my clothes close to my chest. Kiba grabs at my hand. "I don't care about your pajamas." He gets a hold of my hand and squeezes it. "Okay, just let me go pee first then." I fib. It's the only way I'll be able to get dressed without him knowing I'm technically naked.

My stomach starts to hurt. It's either mother nature or cramps. "Alright." He starts to open his eyes, waking up more. I grunt and quickly take back my hand. I fast walk out of the room just as he's opening his eyes. Hopefully, he didn't see anything.

I drop everything on the counter once I'm inside the bathroom. I shut the door and lean against it for a moment. I hold my stomach, trying to wait out the cramp. When the pain starts to dull, I feel something trickle down my leg. Please tell me it's pee. I drop the towel and sit on the toilet.

A little pee does come out, but that's not what's on my leg. Really, now? It waited till after I took a shower. I take a deep breath before cleaning myself up and putting on a pad. I get dressed and brush my hair. Thankfully, it's still damp, so it won't dry weird.

I give a warning knock before walking back in the room. "I'm decent." Kiba grins, sitting up in bed. "I can see that." I weakly laugh. His grin quickly disappears. "Hey, you okay?" "Hm, what do you mean?" I tilt my head to the side. "You're holding your stomach." He points. I look down and see he's right. I guess I was unconsciously holding my stomach. "Oh.." I want to drop my hand, but I can't. It somehow makes me feel a little better. "Come here." He scoots over and pats the spot next to him. I sit in the spot he made for me. "I, I um, I started my period." I tell him, embarrassment written all over my face. "It's alright. Your stomach still hurt?" He asks, still worried. I nod.