Day 16: Friend to Friend Advice

I was sitting in the living room reading my book when a knock at the door yanks me back to reality. Who could that be? I set my book down, get up, and go answer the door. On the other side stood Neji. I blush. This is the first time he's come to visit me.

I step outside. "Hey honey. What's up?" I greet. I feel like a ball of nerves right now. Thank god my period is almost over. I can't deal with these hormones anymore. "Not much. I just wanted to see you." He grins. "Awe, I missed you too." I hug and squeeze him tight. While he hugs back, it feels off. I reach up and kiss on him. He kisses back, but that too didn't feel right.

We stand there talking for like twenty minutes. He asked how my day was going and how I was doing. I answered and asked the same. He added in stuff about Naruto and Hinata. He said they've grown a lot closer this week. I smiled at that. We hug and kiss one more time before he leaves. Again, something felt weird.

I walk back inside and shut the door. I'm almost back to the couch when I start feeling like I have to pee. I grumble a little and head up the stairs. I walk in the bathroom and do my business. I have an ear twitching moment and feel like my name is being called. I think nothing of it and go on with my business.

I'm finishing up and pulling my pants up when then the door opens. I look up and see Kiba standing in the doorway. His mouth drops. "Hey!" I squeak. "S-Sorry..." His face turns beet red. I quickly pull up my pants. "She's got a nice ass.." "Huh?" Did he say something? "N-Nothing. I, I'm really sorry." "It, it's fine.." I power walk past him. I jog down the stairs and quickly go back to my book.

That was so embarrassing. I can't believe he just saw my bare ass. Hasn't he seen enough of me? I know we don't need those kinds of details for the project. Ugh! Why me today!?

Fast forward to later, I feel a plop on the couch. I continue reading. "Whatcha reading?" Kiba asks. Before I can answer, he adds to his words. "Oh, wait. It's the same book. Never mind." He laughs nervously. I grab my bookmark and stick it in my book. I close the book and hold it in my lap. The way Neji was acting earlier creeps back into my mind.

I look over at Kiba and wonder if he would have any advice for me. "What's up?" His voice fills my ears. I must have been staring for too long. My face heats up a little bit.  "Um, I don't know. It's probably nothing, and I'm just overthinking about it." I shrug. "Depends on what it is." Kiba stretches and rests his arm on the back of the couch.

I sigh. "I feel like Neji's been acting weird. Nothing quite feels right." I explain. "Have you tried talking to him about it?" He asks. "Yes and no." I nervously bite my lip. "I mean, I've asked him how he's doing and he says he's fine." I groan. "Are you happy?" His voice is calm and gentle. "Yes, but I don't know..." Am I happy? "In the end, that's all that matters. I want you to be happy." He sweetly smiles. All the awkwardness between us melts away. All I need right now is a hug.

I find myself slowly scooting over. I lay my head back on his arm. Hopefully, I don't need words to tell him what I want right now. His arm slides around me and squeezes my shoulder. "You okay?" I can hear the worry in his words. "I'd be lying if I said I was." I answer quietly. "Come here." He nudges me closer. I scoot over some more and lean against his side.

I feel hot tears welling up in the corners of my eyes. I do my best to blink them away. He gently squeezes me. I know everything's gonna be alright, but I'm just lost right now. I do need to try to cheer up some, though. Tomorrow's the festival.

I feel him gently rubbing my arm. "Can I go to the festival with you first?" The words freely slip out. Whether it's tomorrow or the day after, we have to go together at least once anyway. "Sure." "Okay." I weakly smile at him. I stay like that for at least an hour. I feel a little better. Kiba's right. I need to figure out if I'm happy. I think I am, but I'm not sure.