Day 6: One Cold Night

Kiba and I spent the day relaxing. For the most part, we've been letting the getting to know one another happen more naturally. Some things we know won't, but the rest can.

We played a handful of board games. Monopoly, trouble, tic tac toe, and even connect four. I found out one of Kiba's dislikes with that one. He's apparently not a fan of cats but will tolerate them. When I play Monopoly, I usually pick the cat or dog. They're my favorite game pieces and some of the easiest to pick up and move.

Since Kiba picked the dog, I chose the cat. That sparked a funny conversation. Then later it got a little awkward. It went something like this.

Kiba and I decided to play some board games, besides to have fun, in hopes of sparking likes and dislikes for our next progress report. Kiba goes to the closet in the hallway and pulls out an array of board games for us to play.

One of the boxes in the middle was Monopoly. "Ooh, can we play that one first?" I asked excitedly. "Which one's that?" He asks. I blush a little upon realizing that I forgot he's got multiple boxes in his hand, and I didn't specify which one I meant. "Um, M-Monopoly." I point to the game box in the middle. He smiles. "Sure." He closes the closet door and walks over to the kitchen table. Kiba sits the boxes down and pulls out the game I wanted. I sit in a chair and start setting up the game.

I get the game situated and set out all the pieces. "Which one do you wanna be?" I gesture towards the metal tokens. "The dog one of course." He grins and snatches up the dog token. I snicker. "Fine, guess I'll be the cat one then." Kiba looks at me funny. "The cat one, really?" "Yeah. You picked the dog token, so I'll just go with the cat one." I shrugged and placed my token on the board with Kiba's. "S-Sorry, I'm just not a fan of cats." He explains, scratching the back of his head. I giggle. "I love both actually. I love most house pets honestly. Except snakes and spiders. Not a fan of them." I shudder at the thought. Kiba chuckles. "Gotcha." "When it comes to this game, I always pick the cat or dog token because I like their designs best and they're easy to move around the board." I explain. "I see. Ready to play now?" "Yeap." I put away the extra tokens and then grab dice and roll.

We played the quick version of the game and somehow Kiba won. He got so cocky about his win that he decided he wanted to make a bet with our game night. I decided to indulge him seeing as he couldn't ask for anything too crazy. "Maki, let's make a bet, shall we? Can't request anything crazy cause I don't want Neji to kill me." His cheeks get a little pink at that. "R-Right. Considering if you win of course." I feel my own blush creeping up on me. "So, what's the reward gonna be?" "Winner gets a shoulder massage if he or she can win the last game played. Can be redeemed whenever the winner chooses." He said. I nod.

A thought comes to mind and really makes me blush. Kiba notices and cocks his head to the side, faintly smirking. "What, the reward not good enough for ya?" I shake my head and blush more. I can't believe this even crossed my mind. But if I'm gonna ask I better do it now while I have the guts to. "So, um, what would it be if Neji wasn't a concern?" I bite my lip as I wait for an answer.

I watch his face turn a light shade of red. "I uh, never thought um... I guess if I could pick whatever I'd say a kiss of the winners choosing." "Winner's choosing?" I curiously tilt my head to the side. "Lips or cheek. Why, would you want that to be the reward instead or something?" His cheeks get a little redder. It was my turn to go red. "N-No, I was just curious in case I lost and wanted to know what you would say if there weren't any boundaries. I, I'll stick to the massage." "Okay. Let's get back to the games. I'll pick this time since you picked the first game." His cheeks slowly go back to their normal coloring. I nod.

In the end I lost. Now I have to give Kiba a shoulder massage whenever he requests for it. I have no clue when he'll ask for it. I hope he asks for it sooner rather than later so I can get the embarrassing moment over with. Maybe I should have okayed the other one. It's quick and he'd probably want that now instead of later. It also leaves me with the curious thought of what kiss he would have picked.