Day 22: Stuck Like Glue

I wake up feeling like crap. I didn't sleep much at all. I kept having bad dreams. I'd hate to bother Kiba with them, so I dealt with it. I quietly laid there. I'm still tired, but I'm afraid to go back to sleep just to have another bad dream again.

Kiba's POV

All Maki's done today is just mope around the house. She's been stuck to me like glue. Guess she didn't sleep good last night. I hope she wasn't cold. I told her to come back if she did.

I feel like she might have had a bad dream or something. She gets upset and grabs my arm or hand. For the most part, I've just smiled and taken her with me. Except for the bathroom. It's the only time she understands.

Maybe I can get her to take a walk with me to see who can help me cheer her up. I try to think of all the people who could help me cheer her up. Shino knows nothing about relationships, let alone girls in general. Hinata's related to Neji and still too shy to ask Naruto out, but it wouldn't hurt for her to see her. Then again, Maki probably won't want to step foot in their house for a long while. Ino and Sakura would make a mountain out of a mole hill and somehow make things worse. Although, I can't say no if she wants to see them.

Choji might be helpful. He'd probably want to cheer her up with an excuse to eat barbecue. Shikamaru gives pretty good advice but not so sure in the lady department. Naruto could maybe cheer her up with his bubbly energetic personality. That's her other best friend after all. Sasuke probably wouldn't know what to tell her since he's not interested in girls at the moment. Sai would give her a fake it until you make it talk. Plus, he's still working on not suppressing his emotions.

Lee would probably push his self-imposed rules on her or try to date her. She would probably have to awkwardly turn him down anyway. I don't wanna set her up for that kind of embarrassment. And Tenten's probably not the best choice if she's interested in Neji at all. She's also Neji's project partner, meaning they'll most likely be together.

Ugh, this is hard. I know she won't feel better overnight, but I want to do my best to help make her feel better. She's so sweet. Not to mention adorable. I hate seeing her like this. I'm enjoying the attention, but I hate the reason behind it.

Maki's POV

I scoot closer to Kiba on the couch. I lean against him and stare at nothing. Unless he had to go to the bathroom, he let me hold onto him. His hand or arm. He didn't care. I just felt blank. Every once in a while, he'd take his free hand and pet my hair.

I feel an arm slide under my legs. I look over and see Kiba draping my legs over him. "Hey, Maki." He smiles sweetly. "Hi." I softly answer. "I want you to come on a walk with me." That sweet smile never broke. My cheeks heat up. "Uh.." I stare at him, unsure. "I don't feel right leaving you here alone when you're still upset." He takes his hand back from under my legs, then reaches up and cups my cheek.

Kiba gently strokes my cheek with his thumb. I lean into his hand. "Okay... I'll go." I weakly smile. I really don't want to go anywhere, but I can't help but give into him. Kiba smiles and pulls his hand away. I let go of him and carefully got off the couch. I make my way upstairs to change into something decent.

I sigh once I'm dressed. Today's gonna be a long day. My nerves are all over the place, too. I groan. I drag myself down the stairs. I walk up to Kiba with a pout on my face. "Awe." He pats my head. "Hmm.." I roll my eyes. "I know." He wraps his arms around my shoulders and hugs me. I stiffly stand there, but I don't push him away.

He soon breaks the hug but still keeps one arm around my shoulder. We get our shoes on and leave. I followed along with Kiba to wherever he had planned to go. It's slowly beginning to get warmer out. The cool spring breeze feels nice.