Day 1: First Impressions

The next morning, I woke up and got ready to go to Kiba's house. I showered, got dressed, and ate breakfast. Once that was done, I cleaned up any messes I made. I grabbed my house key and stuffed it in my pocket before putting on my shoes.

I grabbed my bags and headed out the door when I couldn't think of anything else that needed done. I somehow remember how to get to his house. When I get there, I knock on the door. I take a step back and wait for an answer. Nothing. I lean forward and knock again. This time a little louder.

I hear a thud from inside and jump back a little. What was that? A figure scrambles from the staircase. Who's that? I couldn't tell with the door style. When the figure got closer, I realized it was Kiba.

Kiba opens the door and stands there in just his black boxers. I blush and point. "Um, Kiba, why are you basically naked?" I asked, trying to look past him, but couldn't help taking a glance or two. He looks down at his body and then curses under his breath.

I cover my mouth and snicker. "I'll be right back." He says before dashing to his bedroom. Three minutes later, he comes back fully clothed. I smile at him, giving him a thumbs up. Kiba on the other hand shakes his head. Kiba then lets me in, and we take my bags to his room for the time being.

We hang out in the living room and talk for a while. Later, two women walk into the front door. One of them I recognized as Kiba's sister, Hana. I assume the other one is their mom. The woman with spiky long hair smirks at us.

Kiba speaks first. "Mom, it's not what you think." Kiba says before she could comment on our position. What position? We were just sitting next to each other on the couch talking. "Sure Kiba, whatever you say." She covered her mouth and snickered. He sighs and mutters under his breath. Either his mom didn't hear him, or she just ignored him.

Later that night, we all ate dinner. Occasionally when no one was looking, I would sneak scraps for Akamaru. Kiba would look at me curiously from time to time and I would innocently shrug like I didn't know what was going on. I smirked to myself.

I learned more about Kiba and his family. Technically his mom mostly talked but Hana added in some stuff too. Her name was Tsume. I felt awkward when she started talking about when Kiba was younger. I'm sure I can ask him these things myself when I'm ready.

Kiba shouts in embarrassment and pulls me to the safety of his room. "I'm really sorry about that." He apologizes when the door clicks shut. "Eh, it's okay." I shrug. Kiba nods. I sit on his bed and look out the window. "Wow, it's already dark out." "We really did talk the day away as they say." Kiba chuckled with a smile. I smile back with a blush creeping up my cheeks.

Kiba sits on the bed next to me. "Yeah." I softly answer. A piece of hair falls in front of my face. I watch as he moves closer to me. What is he doing? Kiba picks up the loose strand of hair and tucks it behind my ear. I relax and whisper a soft thank you. A soft 'you're welcome' reaches my ears seconds after.

I close my eyes and feel sleep try to pull me under. I quickly jerk awake and try my best to stay up. It happens a second time. Let's just face it. I can't stay awake any longer. I sigh and close my eyes again.

I hear Kiba saying something about sleeping somewhere. Although, I can't comprehend what he's saying with my head all fuzzy and clouded. My head falls back against something soft. I try my best, but I couldn't make myself to stay awake anymore.

Kiba's POV

I was talking to Maki about sleeping arrangements when I caught her nodding off on my shoulder. I can tell she tried to stay awake, but from the looks of it, she miserably failed. I smile with a light chuckle. She had her head laid back on my shoulder and her hands stayed limp in her lap.

Looks like I'll have to talk to her about it in the morning. I sigh and pull the cover down. I gently place her on the left side of the bed. She groans a little in her sleep. I smile, shaking my head.

Maki's kind of cute when she's asleep. Wait what?! Shut up Kiba. She's got a boyfriend. At least I think she does. I wasn't really paying attention when she was talking to Hana. I never paid close attention to Maki before, so I don't know much about her.

I shrug off the feeling and get under the blanket. I lie back with my hands behind my head. I turn to the side and look at Akamaru and smile. He looks at me and gives a soft howl before laying down and going to sleep.

I slip my hands out from behind my head and turn on my side. I somewhat fall asleep with my back to Maki. I was lost in thought. I wonder how this project will turn out. Also, how much am I going to be able to learn about her? She's so closed off from me and most others.

Out of all the conversations we've had I've only learned her name. She possibly has a boyfriend, and her parents aren't around. Not much of a start, but I hope she'll open up to me. Hopefully we'll be really good friends soon.