Day 12: Anything New?

We goof around until Kakashi comes knocking at our door. Kiba lets him in and we all sit around the kitchen table. He asks if we've made any new developments since last week. We tell him everything we just talked about over lunch. "Good. Now, for the rest of the reports, I'll just be checking in. Also, I'll need a comment or two about how your week's going for participation purposes." Kakashi explains his role for the rest of this project. "Alright." We say in unison. "I'll see you guys next week." He gets up and takes his leave.

I turn to Kiba and smile. "Well, that went fairly well." "Yeah. Least now all we have to do is tell him some shit we did during the week. Walked, shopped, went out for barbeque, took care of the dogs, whatever have you." He lists off several things to do with a grin. I giggle and nod. "Yup." "Any ideas what you want to do so we have something to tell him next week?" Kiba asks. I lightly bite my lip. "At the moment, not really. I'm sure something will come up." "Most likely." He chuckles softly.

Neji's POV

I feel conflicted. At least ever since yesterday. When she passes by me, I feel a twinge of awkwardness. I can't shake the feeling that something's different now. She blushes and gives me a nervous smile when she sees me.

I'm doing my best to ignore yesterday. I'm sure she is, too. I think we're more embarrassed than anything. She's always looked up to me. I don't think I've ever seen her interested in anyone. She's always been so supportive of Maki and I. Let's just hope all this goes away soon.

I knew when I saw Kiba's arms around Maki, it bothered me. I didn't say anything, though, because I knew it wasn't for romantic reasons. After we were out of her line of sight, I couldn't help but watch her. It made me glad she was covered up while around him.

Kiba noticed me staring and asked if I was okay. I told him I was fine and that the project made me really miss her. He told me that he knows and she misses me too. He said he'd see me later and left. I know I shouldn't worry but I watched them until they left.
Kiba, whatever you do, don't fall for her. I don't wanna see you get hurt. I turned back to Hinata and she smiled softly at me. "Don't worry, Kiba's not like that." I sigh. "I know, but still." "He's the loyal protector type." Hinata rests her hand on my shoulder and gives it a gentle squeeze in an attempt to reassure me. I lightly grumble to myself. What's wrong with me?