Day 17: Lantern Festival Day One: It's Not a Date, is it?

I wake up on the early side. I feel a lot better than yesterday. My period is finally over. Now I need to figure out what to wear to the festival tonight. Should I casually dress up or actually dress up? I do have a nice outfit already with me, but if I want to dress up, I'll have to go home to get something. If I ask Kiba, he'll just tell me to wear whatever I want. 

Should I wear my yukata? Maybe... That's what girls typically wear at festivals. uh, I guess I could... The main reason I'm going to this thing is because of school. I'll dress up just one day and casual for the other. 

Kiba's still sleeping when I decide to go. I'm about to leave when I realize he'll kick my ass if he finds out I'm going alone. I walk back into the room and walk over to him. I gently shake his shoulder. He grumbles in his sleep. "Hey, Kiba. Wake up." "Mmm..." He starts to stir. I crouch in front of the bed. His eyes flutter open. His cheeks grow pink. "H-Hey." "S-Sorry to wake you, but I need to go to my house for something." I feel bad for waking him up. But I'd rather wake him than suffer the consequences of leaving by myself. I probably would have been back before he woke up, but it's still better safe than sorry. He's probably not over my kidnapping just yet.

Kiba slowly sits up. "Give me ten minutes." "Okay, thanks." I smile. I stand up and head for the door. "I'll wait for you downstairs." "That's fine." I leave and wait for him like I said I would. When he comes down, it's a minute or three after ten. But it's okay. The festival isn't till later this afternoon. "Ready?" Kiba asks, hands in his pockets. "Mmhm." This will be the first time in forever I've had a new friend come home with me. 

I'm a little nervous. I wish they could meet him. Kiba's perfect. They would have loved him. Mom and dad loved Naruto. He came over often and ate plenty of meals with us. 

The walk to my house was comfortably quiet. When we get there, I hurriedly opened the door. At my house, we're alone, alone. No distractions. Only us. It's awkward and embarrassing. At least at his house, I know someone will be home at some point.

I walk in and head straight for my room. "Nice." I hear Kiba say. "Um, thanks." I reply. I walk into my room and go to the closet. I have to dig all the way in the back for it. I pull out my yukata. I haven't worn it since last year. It's purple with light purple flowers on it. It's simple and sweet.

I turn around and Kiba's right next to me. "Can I see it?" He asks with a smile. "You'll see it in a few hours." I snicker. "Awe, but I wanna see it now." He pouts. I sigh and roll my eyes. I hold it up the best I can. "Pretty, but I bet it's even prettier on you." He grins, showing his teeth a little. I blush. I playfully hit him and started to leave the room.

A hand touches my shoulder. I stop and turn around. "Hn?" "I'm really glad I met you. Even if we didn't talk much before this project." Kiba's face and smile were so sincere. "Me too." I really am. Kiba and I then leave and head back to his house.

Eventually, the time to get ready for the festival came. I got dressed in my yukata and put my hair in a half up, half down style with a light purple ribbon. I dabbed on a little makeup, too. It's just chapstick and light pink tinted lip gloss. 

When I was done, I went to go see if Kiba was ready. I go up to his door and knock. "Kiba, you ready?" I ask through the door. "Almost, but it's fine if you wanna come in." He replies. I slowly turn the doorknob and walk in. Kiba's finishing up when I see him. he's dressed in a white dress shirt and black pants. "You clean up nice." I compliment. Kiba looks up from his tie and faintly blushes. "Like I said. Prettier on you." "T-Thanks." It's my turn to blush. I take in his shirt. It looks snug to me. I walk over to him, and then I reach up and undo one of the top buttons. "There. That way, it's not so snug with the tie." I nervously laugh. He smiles.