Day 5: Progress Report

I was sound asleep when I heard knocking on the door. I go to get up off the couch and I almost fall off. I catch myself just as Kiba was walking down the staircase. I glanced over at him and saw that he was pretty much dressed. As dressed as you can be with pajamas that is.

He had stumbled down the steps in black sweats, a white t-shirt that was almost hanging off his shoulder, and his hair all in a mess. Even though I was the closest, somehow Kiba got to the door first.

On the other side of the door was none other than Kakashi Hatake. Kakashi sensei!? What is he doing here? Wait a minute..... Never mind..... I forgot that we're suppose to meet our instructor for this crazy project thing this morning. I guess Kakashi sensei is ours. We bid him a groggy, sleepy eyed, good morning.

Kiba and I plop down on the couch and I unconsciously lean against him out of sleepiness. Kakashi sensei smiles at us sweetly. What the hell is he smiling at us like that for? "What?" I ask, annoyed. "Oh nothing. It's just that it looks like you two have gotten along pretty well this first week." He grins some more. What in the world is he talking about? So we've gotten to know one another better, big deal.

I lean away from Kiba to try and wake up some more. "I don't even wanna know. I'm not completely awake to give a decent comment, so there." I fold my arms and glare at him. He snickers slightly. "Anyways, I've come to do a progress report on the two of you." Kakashi says, changing the subject like I hoped he would.

We nod our heads for him to continue. "I'm going to ask you a few questions and write my evaluation down." He starts to explain. "So, how well do you two know one another now since the project began?" Kakashi begins his questionnaire. "Uh, we know each other decently now I suppose." Kiba answers before me. "Alright. What do you two know about one another's current lifestyle?" He asks, peering up at us from the clipboard in his hands. I decide to give an answer first.

I forgot to mention this to Kiba, but I noticed with all the dogs around that his family must be sensory types so I go ahead and add that to my answer as well. "Well I know Kiba lives here with his mom and sister and just by noticing the animals around here, he's a sensory type." I smile and Kiba looks impressed. He clears his throat and goes to give his answer. "Maki lives in a small apartment, but occasionally she'll be seen at the Hyuga residence. She also excels in ninjutsu." Kakashi sensei nods and smiles. "Good. Now, any likes or dislikes?" He gives his next question. Shit. We've only really talked about what we liked. The only thing that really sticks out is that we don't like is for friends to be hurt or upset.

I don't want to lie, so I tell the truth. "To be honest, we haven't really learned any dislikes just yet other than not wanting one another hurt." I answered the best I could. "Comrade protection. Good. Maybe next week you'll have found some. Now for the likes." He comments. I look to Kiba for a moment and then he chooses to go first. "She likes walks, drawing, training, spending time with friends, and eating onigiri." Kakashi sensei scribbles some more on his clipboard before looking to me for my answer.

I gulp out of nervousness. "He likes long walks. Especially with Akamaru. He also enjoys onigiri, training to get stronger, and spending time with friends." I grin, but feel embarrassed at the same time. Kakashi nods his approval and scratches the pencil against the paper some more. "For the last question, any dreams?" Oooh, that's a tough one. Kiba and I never mentioned our dreams. Mine is to be the best kunoichi I can be. Yeah I know. Pretty obvious and too cliché, but it's the truth.

Kiba is the first to speak up again. "We haven't really talked about that sort of thing yet either. But I'm sure Maki's is to be one of the greatest kunoichi of her time." Kiba laughs and pats my shoulder. Kakashi sensei nods and I assume he's grinning under that mask of his. "Well I have to admit that it's only been just the first week, but I do expect you two to know more next time." He says. "But, you two have learned more about one another than I expected. For that I'm proud of you two." We smile, proud of ourselves.