Chapter 25: Timing is Everything

Hi remember me, the person that said she would update more frequently but in fact, makes you wait 2 whole weeks for an update. I suck! And to make matters worse is that you guys have been nothing but amazing. The over 11K reads is just incredible. Thank you for continuing to read this story and being so patient with me. I really just want to make sure that every chapter I upload is entertaining and worthy of your time to read. This semester with school has just been crazy but know that you will always get a new chapter eventually. No plans of giving up on this story or ending it anytime soon. So even if it may take a while, I have not forgotten about this story and you will get a new update. Thank you guys sooooo much again, xoxo Kailiana

Bethany POV

Going to New York and telling Derek that I could possibly be pregnant was supposed to calm me amidst this mental freak out of trying to wrap my head around everything. He was supposed to be my source of support. He was supposed to reassure that everything was going to be okay and we would get through this but he didn’t.

I thought to myself, maybe I should find out on my own. Why should I stress him out when I am not even certain that there is something… or a little someone… to be stressed out about.

So I got out of bed to head to the bathroom and open up the drawer were I had stashed all of the pregnancy tests that Briddy brought over. I laid them all out on counter and mentally tried to build up the courage to take the tests and find out. I must have stood there for a good 5 minutes before I chickened out.

I thought, ok let me get my mind straight and relax. I hopped into the shower hoping that the stream of the water would just wash away all of my worries. As I stepped out of the shower and reached for the towel to wrap around my body, I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror.

I glanced down to my stomach, placed my hand over it and said aloud, “I don’t know if you’re even in there, but I have this gut feeling that you are. And if you are, you probably think I am crazy for talking out loud like this.” I laugh at myself as I continue, “I know things may be so crazy right now and it may seem that we are not excited for you but… you are quite a surprise in our lives, little one. It was honestly just a shock finding out that you were even a possibility in our lives right now. I’m not going to lie, I’m scared. But please know that you are a blessing and deserve the entire world. There’s a fear that your Dad and I are not exactly prepared to give you that right now but know that we will get ourselves ready before you come. Know that your he and I will love you so much.”

Feeling myself already getting attached to the baby that may or may not be inside of me, I knew there was no way these home pregnancy tests will suffice in confirming that I am pregnant. Although they’re quite reliable, I wanted to hear directly from a doctor to confirm if I was pregnant or not. I threw all of the home pregnancy tests back into the drawer and immediately booked an appointment to find out the results.

Sitting in the waiting room of the OB/GYN floor of the medical offices, I was overwhelmed. Everywhere I looked, all I saw were pregnant women. My mind started to freak out.

Needing air, I bolt straight toward the elevator. As I hit the button to go down, I close my eyes trying to regain some sense of composure. The elevator door dings as it opens and before I could open my eyes and walk in, I hear a familiar voice say, “Bethany?”

I look up to see a face that I was definitely not expecting to see.

 “Bae?” he says.

Surprised, I replied, “Mark… hey.”

He pulls me in for a hug and I felt a weird change in his body demeanor.

As my eyes met Mark, I suddenly see his eyes shift to stare past me. His eyes are now focused on taking in the scene that I was desperately trying to escape from. The waiting room filled with pregnant women.