Chapter 4: Boarding the plane, as this journey is nearing its end

Bethany POV

Never did I ever think I would be here. When I said yes to do Dancing with the Stars, I wanted to challenge myself, to see what I am capable of and to show my Motavators exactly how far they have taken me. From my management team’s perspective, this show would open new opportunities for my brand to expand. From that little girl making Youtube videos to who knows what the future may bring. This show brought me new opportunities, new confidence, new life learned lessons and new friendships.

Boarding this private jet to fly to New York City to appear on Good Morning America tomorrow morning, I look around and can’t believe this incredible journey I have been on over the last 3 months. I look at the faces of each of the people on this plane and I think of the amazing friendships that I have formed because of this show. And that’s when my eyes met his. Derek was staring at me from across the plane, just smiling. I think he knew I was mentally reflecting and just taking everything in. This has been an incredible journey that he was such a huge part of. Gawd, it’s crazy how well he has gotten to know me. Everyday, he was right by my side teaching me, guiding me, motivating me, pushing me and inspiring me. I can’t explain what he has meant to me through the course of these 3 months… and who knows what the future holds.

When he told me last night that today would be a whirlwind, he was not kidding…

I showed up at the studio bright and early for my call time at 8 am. I made my way to the hair and makeup trailer to get ready for the last show of the season. While I was getting ready, Derek walked in and asked the hairdresser if he could just have a second with me. The hair and makeup people all scattered to the other end of the trailer, tried to look busy and hide the fact that they were eavesdropping. Derek pulled me up and out of the chair and enveloped me into a big hug. He kissed the side of my neck and whispered, “Babe, this is it. Text me immediately when you are done here because I just want to have a moment before the madness of today unfolds.” I nod, he kisses my temple, thanks everyone for giving us a moment and scurries out the door.

As I sat there finishing up with hair and makeup, Witney is the first to speak up, “Girl, what is going on between the two of you?”

Janel chimes in, “Don’t just sit there and pretend that we all didn’t see whatever that interaction was go down. Explain.”

I answer, “It’s the last show of the season. He was just calming my nerves and emotions. Girls, this is all coming to an end.”

Witney and Janel both look at each other not buying the explanation I just gave them but gave me credit for distracting them with the emotion of today being our last day together like this.

As we finished our cryfest in the hair and makeup trailer, I text Derek “I am just about done.” He quickly replies back “Meet me by the judges table in the studio.”

I walk into the studio and look around. For being a show day, the studio seemed much calmer and quite empty then usual. There was just a hand full of the production crew going over last minute notes in the corner of the studio. I made my way to the judges table as I saw Derek walk down the staircase from the balcony.

I ask him, “where is everybody?”

He replies, “ I knew this place would be just about empty as most of the producers, cast and crew are having their lunch before we run through the last dress rehearsals before the live show.”

I look around the studio amazed and say, “I don’t think I have ever seen it this empty. Without the audience, noise, cameras and lights, it seems so different.”