Chapter 33: Should we?

Derek POV

Last night spending the evening out on the balcony and looking up at the stars with my niece and Bethany was exactly how I envisioned life to be. After I set up the balcony and quickly changed into some sweatpants, I headed back down just in time to eavesdrop on the sweet conversation of Adi and Bethany. Gawd, just in that moment, I fell even more in love with her. The night was perfect but then I remembered the truth about how our glimpse into the future might really look like.

Flashback

After hours of looking up at the stars, Bethany lifts her head to tell me to take a look at Adi dozing off to sleep in my arms. I smile as Adi struggles and tries to fight off falling asleep.

Bethany looks up to whisper in my ear, "Thank you, tonight was amazing. But now that this little one is just about out for the night, what do you say we can continue what we started earlier before your sister stopped by. I am still up for a little more fun, what do you say?"

I lean down to whisper back, "Gawd, I love you."

She smiles up at me and then slyly bites her lips.

I roll my eyes with anticipation and I rush to quickly but carefully carry Adi into the condo and up the stairs into the spare bedroom. After tucking Adi into bed, I just wanted to grab B and get her into my arms but she raised her hand to stop me.

She turns away and digs through Adi's overnight bag to pull out... Adi's teddy bear. Bethany places the teddy bear under Adi's arm and tucks it in underneath the sheets. She moves a strand of air away from Adi's face and leans down to place a kiss on her temple. I overhear her whisper, "Sweet dreams, Adi."

And with that, a smile emerges from Adi's face.

I walk behind Bethany and wrap my arms around her stomach, "One day very soon, we'll get to tuck in our own little one."

I feel Bethany lean into my arms and rest her face right up against mine. We stood there for another minute or so just watching Adi sleep.

"Is it creepy that we are just watching her sleep like this?" Bethany asks.

I can't help but laugh and answer, "A little. But let's be real, if you really just wanted to get started on our little fun, you could've just said so."

She turns to give me a stern look and slaps my arm. She shakes her head and quietly says, "Derek!"

I kiss the side of her neck and swoop my arm under her legs to carry her back to our bedroom. She tries to stifle her giggle, careful to not wake up Adi.

I carefully laid her down onto the bed as she starts to remove my t-shirt. I begin to unzip her hoodie to reveal her bra and her newly defined pregnant belly.

I can't help but smile.

She asks, "What?"

I move the strands of her hair behind her ear and say, "Baby, you are as gorgeous as ever."

She bashfully looks down and away. I lift her chin to look me in the eyes to reassure her with my honesty and sincerity. I kiss her passionately on the lips and slowly make my way down her neck. I start to trail my kisses down inbetween her breasts to her stomach. I look up at her as she gives in to the anticipation as I slide her sweatpants off of her body.

She lifts my face up to meet hers as we continue to kiss. She lingers her hand to trace my jaw and lightly grazes it down my chest and abs. Untying the drawstrings of my sweats, she begins to lower my sweatpants off of my body and starts to feel exactly the effect she has on me. She takes me entirely in her hands and slowly begins to position herself under me so I can slowly enter her. Just as I was about to...