𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧

Eddie woke up. His bones and muscles ached as he slowly sat up - he didn't remember going to sleep, nor did he remember walking back into the house and into the guest room. His eyes hurt as he blinked, and hurt even worse when he turned his head to the window, which light shone brightly through (a stark contrast to the dark, rainy morning yesterday). His lips were dry cracked from the lack of hydration he'd had.

It was like he was incapable of thinking - his brain felt fried and exhausted.

He sat his back up against the bed frame, which creaked as he put pressure on it. The table beside him had a paper, assumedly a letter on it which looked ragged and still had the ridges on it as if it were torn out of a notebook. Eddie squinted, leaning forward to grab the paper. As he turned the folded paper to the back, it had EDDIE written in shaky handwriting.

He squinted, and his eyes focused on the paper.

As Eddie read through it, his heart sank, further than it even had before. Further than it had on the winding track down any roller coaster. It was a confession. It was a letter of confession.

Richie could never keep his fucking mouth shut, and now it was going to hurt both him and Eddie.