𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐫 𝐜𝐨𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫 | 𝐫

Seventeen year old Richie Tozier walked out of the trashy, two story apartment complex he lived in. It was located in the heart of Portland, Maine. As he walked out, he felt the fresh air blow back his long hair. He hadn't been out in quite a few days, so having fresh air instead of that recycled, dusty air conditioner in his apartment was new to him. He wasn't really motivated to do anything - he had no life plans or specific goals, but he didn't really see anything wrong with that. He spent the majority of his days laying on his couch and... various habits.

    He pulled out his phone to text his dealer, then put his hands back in his pockets. The cold breeze continued to blow. It had gotten a lot cooler than it was the last time he went out. He didn't go out much unless he needed essentials, so the weather often would be completely different each time he went out. He zipped up his dark hoodie and felt the fake ID and pile of cash in his pocket. It was supposed to be his share of money to help his mom pay for rent. He sighed, and stopped for a second to debate if he should really be doing this. Again. Then, he remembered. All the things he'd done, relationships he'd ruined, and that one thing. God, that one thing. He looked up and continued to walk.

    As he continued to walk, he saw a dimly lit alley. He got a bad feeling in the pit of his stomach, like when you go on a rollercoaster and you see how far the drop is. The drop is the worst part. He walked down the alley, looking around cautiously. He'd done this many times before, but never had this feeling. It felt like that day.

    He saw a guy, not his usual dealer. He didn't think too much of it. The guy asked what he wanted. He asked for cocaine and methamphetamine, as that was what he typically did. Slightly shaking because of the cold, he grabbed it. As he gave him the money, and the man counted it, Richie turned around out of suspicion. Then, he saw someone waiting at the crosswalk in front of the alley. He had neat but curly brown hair and a very "put together" look. Holy. Fuck. It was Eddie. Eddie. Goddamn. Kaspbrak.

    Oh my god. Oh my god. Oh my god. Oh my god. When the dealer finished counting the money, Richie said thanks and instantly got out of there. How the hell was he going to get out without Eddie seeing him? He had to think of a plan, and fast. He started walking briskly. Before he could get out of the alley, Eddie turned around and examined him. Going up on the rollercoaster. "Richie? Wow... Richie Trashmouth Tozier." Richie winced. He hated when Eddie said that name now. Trashmouth. Instead of playfully like he used to say it, the words cut much deeper now. It felt...  realer. The ride was still going up.

Richie stood there like an idiot, trying to force a slight smile. Eddie had a very observant expression on his face. He looked like he was truly taking in Richie now. He hadn't seen him since they were fourteen, so Richie couldn't blame him. The glare just felt so... mean. It made Richie feel, well, disgusting.

    "Are you busy right now? Do you wanna go to coffee, or something?" Eddie said, crossing his arms with a cold expression on his face. "We need to talk." Richie's eyes slightly widened at the statement. That was the worst reply he could have expected. The top of the roller coaster. The highest point. He'd made it.

after note: thanks for reading the first chapter of The Rush. more information about eddie and richie's relationship and the thing that happened.