𝐭𝐞𝐦𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐚𝐫𝐲 | 𝐟𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐡𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤

author's note: with everything that has been happening, please make sure to do your part and sign petitions/speak out about blm and injustices done to the black community. 

[ INT. FLASHBACK: DECEMBER 2014. DERRY, MAINE.]

The winter had a familiar cold bite to it, stinging Eddie's rosy cheeks as he walked outside in the snow. The snow was a crisp white, having something of a soft murmur under the thirteen year old boy's feet as he walked with his old, slightly ragged snow boots. The wind was strong, but even stronger to Eddie's with his height, or rather, lack thereof. He was smaller than most boys his age, as he was reminded by bullies at his school, and even jokingly by his friends, which were the Losers Club.

Eddie had never been fond of the winter weather. It was all so bleak and dreary for him. The bright, vibrant sun rays of the gloriously pyretic were replaced by a piercing and oppressive cold that seemed like it could last forever. While Eddie knew inside the winter would be short and soon with the spring he'd forget it had even been there at all, he always felt a shift in energy with colder weather. The darkness of life seemed more prevalent than ever, even more so than it'd already been in Derry. It felt heavy, like someone was constantly pressing on his chest, trying to drain the life out of him slowly. He felt strange feelings, some might say pervasive feelings. Eddie did have ways of taking away those feelings, though.

Or atleast methods to ignore them.

The aforementioned Losers Club helped him in ways he didn't know imaginable. They were his best friends. The club consisted of Beverly Marsh, Mike Hanlon, Bill Denbrough, Ben Hanscom, Richie Tozier, and Stanley Uris.

Beverly Marsh was a girl with rich, fiery red hair and the quick wit and spitfire temperament to match. She was the only girl in their friend group, but had the charm and charisma to compensate for it. Her eyes were an enticing, almost hypnotic pixie green. She had a way with her words - she could convince anyone into doing something, even if the outcome was less than stellar for the other party involved. No one in the losers club would quite describe her as a manipulative being, but she had her moments. When there were fights, she'd try so hard to keep the group united, even if she was falling apart herself. She was ambitious - it was one of the traits her fellow Losers loved about her. Eddie wasn't too close with Beverly, but they were still quite good friends.

For some reason, Eddie always had an obscure feeling about the girl. It was nothing about herself alone, but instead, something around her. Eddie felt like there was just a way about her at times, when she'd lash out. Eddie saw a deeper kind of hurt within her, one he just assumed everyone else saw at first. The time he spent with Beverly, he could see that rage was stemming from something else that no one else noticed. He never did find out what was affecting her so intensely.

Mike Hanlon was a boy who lived down at the farm with his grandfather. He was kind, almost suspiciously kind. He was never too close with him, but the energy he emitted made him feel close with everyone in the Losers Club almost. He'd been through some disturbing things. Some trauma which likely formed him into the person he was today. He'd been treated like shit, and probably didn't want anyone to ever feel the way he felt sometimes. He'd lost a lot, but everyone in the group sort of did, in one way or another. There were rare moments where he'd completely shut himself off from the group. Eddie had always wanted to ask him about it and one time he did, but he just completely shut down. It was something unlike what Eddie had ever seen from Mike. He never asked about it again after that day.

Bill Denbrough was considered the group's "leader", or at least thought of himself in that light. He had a stutter that he was often made fun of for. This didn't affect his leadership skills though. In fact, he seemed to make up for it with being wildly passionate about their friendship. Friendship seemed important to him. He wanted to always keep people close, it could even come of as clingy sometimes. He had these odd mannerisms sometimes. For example, every time they'd hang out and Eddie was about to leave, they both always had to say goodbye, and end with "see you later". Part of this was because Bill's brother died. Well, let's face it. He was killed. Bill always felt like it would be his last time hanging out with the group with everytime they left, and he just never wanted to say goodbye. He was quite close with Beverly.