chapter 24: triggers

Philza dropped his weapon, "Angel- how do you know?" The shock kept him in his place. Ranboo however didn't lower his sword and held it firmly in his hand. Philza didn't want to hurt ranboo even if tubbo was a bane of Philza's existence. Eggpire or not it was tubbo who did the deed, tubbo who hurt tommy, it was tubbo who killed tommy! That was something he couldn't shake away that easily, another son dead. "Techno just let this go for once, we've done enough damage even with Tommy's death, we don't need blood on anyone's else's hands" Techno growled looking away from Philza. Tubbo was dead silent, hardly crying anymore. Still huddled between dream and ranboo, tubbo looked at dream, whispering. "Dream, dream what's wrong with him?" "He's in his ender walk state like how he was before, when he disappeared because he was shot, it seems like other things can trigger it." dream sighed trying to hide the worry in his voice. He had been the one to look after ranboo when he was in his ender walk, properly not always in the best ways.. sometimes but he was the one to do it. But since I've been in prison he's been wondering around, I don't know what he's been doing. Silently Techno raised a sword to ranboo's side, not caring about anyone else in the moment even in the voices where deathly silent scared to say a word encase he made a wrong move. 

"Dream why do you care so much?" Dream stopped. "Techno what are you going on about? what's going on with you!" "You say that and yet you've got your axe at your friends side, you could seriously hurt them!" dream ushered. "NO, no no no no! you don't get to say that dream! you don't get to take his place! I don't know who the hell you are! but your not dream! your not dream.." The voices suddenly rose up, seeing what techno saw. A imposter! A fake! "Its very clever" he continued " you switched yourself with dream, at that one moment where it mattered, dream certainly could be nice. But like the rest of us he has his limits, his limit was nightmare." 

"Everything that is happening right now couldn't be more true except you! Sure you knew dream but you didn't know nightmare!" "Not like i knew him! we've had many battles together! Loads of fun!" Techno's grip tighten on his axe, not moving a inch away from ranboo. " your dream could fool them, but not me!" He looked at Captain puffy. "I'm sure his mother knows her own son does she not?" he smirked. She stood up, looking at dream. "I just wanted to believe you'd changed but I didn't know" she held his face, looking deep into his eyes. "i love you but your not my duckling, your just what i want you to be.." she turned away. "Mama puffy? its me.. it is! why why don't you believe me?" his voice echoed out in pain, a duckling really calling to mother duck. He grabbed her hand in a last effort. "Mama, Puffy do-don't leave me.. I'm your duckling.. I'm me I'm dream, I'm your dreamling" his voice squeezed out what last sweetness it could. She froze the whimper in her voice breaking out and the sharpness of tears in her eyes a cascade reading and waiting to break. She quickly pulled her hand back, having no control over the tears. "no, it was always Papa Puffy not.. not Mama don't, don't talk to me" Puffy's sobs getting louder. "Papa! please!" he knew this last try was going to wreck everything.. he just had to try.

"STAY AWAY FROM ME!" She screamed mascara running down her clothes. She held her axe and kept screaming, more and more. Gasping for air, she took one last look at his heart- broken face. "Your NOT mine!" she growled. Techno lowered his axe and held puffy back, while Niki ran over trying to comfort her.  Philza looked up at ranboo, heart racing. Dream gripped onto ranboo's hand. "FINE! I'm not dream! happy?" he gleamed. "Oh Technoblade the smarty pants, the cleverest person here apparently" He waved his arms around bowing. "Nice fancy trick don't you think? yeah i think so too!" The imposter just kept smiling, grinning laughing watching the misery and shock around him. "You really do have a problem don't you now?" He looked at ranboo. "⌇⏁⏃⊬ ⍀⏃⋏⏚⍜⍜, ⌇⏁⏃⊬" he said nodding slowly. He pulled out tubbo by the top of his jacket and threw him in front of Philza. "Guess you get to decide what happens to him, that seems fair enough he did kill your son!" Philza looked down in horror. Dreams form, changed and shifted. To a monotone coloured time traveller with a clock. "Oh look here, I'm running out of time, ohh dear!" he said not letting the smile leave his face. "Well isn't his timeline fucked up!" 

While Karl was being treated by Ponk and Sam, the boys had come out to see the chaos that had erupted and walked right into monotone Karl. They froze. Sapnap only just muttering "wait how he was in, he's over then, then here?" Monotone Karl laughed "Just as clueless and as stupid as I've heard, no wonder he forgot about you! James was always better than you dear sapnap!" he giggled his voice just like Karl's, just eerily robotic and glitchy. "Pftt and who are you supposed to be?" he poked Quackity in the chest. "Only a slime could love a ugly monster like you, you hybrid!"  "Welp this was fun! Really was but i got stuff to do, ⌰⟒⏁'⌇ ☌⍜ ⍀⏃⋏⏚⍜⍜ ⏚⟒⎎⍜⍀⟒ ⊬⍜⎍ ☊⏃⎍⌇⟒ ⏃⋏⊬⋔⍜⍀⟒ ⏁⍀⍜⎍⏚⌰⟒!" With a poof they disappeared and left the group in, absolute horror.