Chapter Four- L'manberg

"What?"

The words were out of your mouth before you even registered what Wilbur had said. You blinked in confusion as he stepped around you and started toward the group. "What do you mean, we're in Minecraft?" you asked again, tagging along. "There aren't any blocks anywhere." 

"It's not like that," Wilbur told you. "I'll explain in a minute."

You followed him over to where Dream was standing with George and Sapnap. "Hey, Dream, can we talk?" Wilbur asked. Dream nodded and motioned for you, George and Sapnap to leave. Sapnap rolled his eyes, but the three of you walked toward the rest of the group. 

"What's up with Dream?" you asked, trying to keep up with Sapnap's long strides. Sapnap shrugged. "I dunno. He's been like this ever since we got here." 

"I don't know what it is, but he's even acting like this at me," George chimed in, sounding hurt. "And Dream isn't usually that bossy at me."

"Maybe he's just worried," you suggested hopefully. "Maybe," Sapnap said noncommittally. You reached the rest of the group and waited for Dream and Wilbur to finish their discussion.

Soon, Dream called the group to attention. "I know you're probably all confused as to where we are, why we're here, and what we're going to do about it," he began. "And I've been informed of our location, though it doesn't help us much. We have somehow all been transported into Minecraft." He paused, searching for words. "I don't know how we're going to get out, but we're going to have to figure something out. Does anybody recognize the land around us? I think we might be in the SMP server."

Everybody shook their heads. Then Wilbur stepped forward from behind Dream. "I have an idea," he said. "Phil, can those wings carry you?"

Philza shrugged. "Now's as good a time as any to find out," he answered, unfolding them. He leapt into the air and pumped his wings, shooting into the clouds.

"I'll take that as a yes," Wilbur decided. "Can you see anything familiar from up there?"  

"Not so far," Philza answered. "Wait- yes I do. Follow me!" He dropped lower so he was easily visible and soared off to the west. You ran after him, going over a hill and through a river before reaching a cliff. You stopped and looked at the view. L'manberg may have been destroyed a long time ago, but it still was beautiful. "Can you find us a way down?" Dream asked. Phil dropped lower and hovered, studying the cliff side. You turned back to the ruined city. "It must have been so beautiful at some point," you murmured, mostly to yourself. 

"It really was," Wilbur said, coming up behind you. "My greatest achievement." You turned to him. "Why'd you destroy it?" you asked. Wilbur looked away. "It was never meant to be," he answered simply, quoting his famous line from when he had originally blown up the city. "But it could have been great," you said. "It was great. Maybe when all of this is over we can build it again." Wilbur looked at you curiously. "Why does it matter so much to you?" he asked. "You just got here today." 

"That doesn't mean I haven't watched every video made on the server plus more," you explained. "I love this city even though I've only just joined. And now that I've seen it in real life, if that's what this is, I love it even more." Wilbur smiled, obviously pleased with your answer. "You would've been a great ally when we were exiled," he told you. "Well, I was definitely a revolution supporter," you confirmed. "Schlatt was being an idiot." Wilbur laughed. "He really was."

"Hey guys," Philza interrupted. "I think I found a way down!" Ranboo came to the cliff edge and peeked over. "Easy," he said, throwing an ender pearl. A moment later, he was on top of a ruined house. He threw another pearl back up. "Hey, I have unlimited pearls. That's kinda cool!" He pearled back down and waited for the group. Philza sighed. "For the rest of you, there's a thin pathway down the cliff over here." You led the way down the path, carefully staying away from the edge. Wilbur was traveling behind you. Dream and Sapnap followed right after, then BadBoyHalo and George. Tommy and Tubbo were still at the top of the cliff. 

"Dadza, Tubbo's a scaredy cat," Tommy complained. "He won't go down." Philza flew back to the top of the cliff, grabbed Tubbo firmly in his arms, and soared down to the ground, safely depositing his cargo on the soft soil before flying back up for Tommy. 

"Dadza, stop! I'm a big man, I can go down with the rest of them!" Tommy complained as he was flown to the ground. Philza laughed and landed beside his sons, folding his wings behind him. You smiled at the trio and walked over to Dream. "Where do we go from here?" you asked. "What do we do now?" Dream sighed. "I don't know."