True Feelings

"That's it for the annual Hoshou Hospital Christmas dance! Thank you to all the wonderful couples who attended!" Nezu proudly declared.

"Who's a couple?!" Izuku heard Bakugo yell in the back.

"Shut up! Don't interrupt people!" Mitsuki interrupted. A hard smack was heard. 

Nezu coughed and continued, "Due to complications this year's Christmas party was held on December 15 instead of the 25th and for that, I apologize. And so!" Nezu clapped his hands and a flyer was brought in. "We'll have a Christmas dinner held on the 25th! It'll be a romantic dinner for either your loved one or a friend. If you have any more questions please don't be afraid to harass the nurses. That's what they're getting paid for after all!"

The crowd except for the nurses erupted in laughter. The nurses looked at Nezu with a death glare. Nezu avoided their gazes. "Anyway, Merry Christmas all! Thank you for coming!"

Clapping ensued and Izuku and Uraraka made their way to the side of the auditorium. Izuku turned to Uraraka. "T-thanks for tonight."

Uraraka jumped. "Y-yeah! No problem. It was fun." 

Izuku awkwardly laughed. "Should we head back?" Uraraka opened her mouth to say something but closed it. With a look of disappointment, she nodded. 

Izuku mentally slapped himself. 'C'mon Izuku! Man up!' Izuku hesitated and gently grasped her hand. Uraraka quickly snatched her hand away. She was bright red. 'FUCKFUCKFUCK!' Alarms went off in his head. "S-sorry."

Uraraka instantly grabbed Izuku's hand again. "N-no. I was just surprised so I-" she took a deep breath. She met his eyes. "I-i don't mind."

'AHHHHH. WHAT DID I JUST DO?! CONCENTRATE IZUKU! DON'T SWEAT!' Izuku fidgeted around and mustered his courage. "Uraraka would you like to go to the-"

"Miss Uraraka? Your parents are here to see you." A nurse interrupted. The nurse noticed their interlinked hands. "Oh! I'm sorry for interrupting. I hope your date can hold."

Uraraka and Izuku both blushed and let go of each other's hands. "N-no it's fine." Uraraka stammered. "Where did you say my parents were?"

The nurse gestured towards the side. "They're waiting over there." The nurse winked at Izuku. "This might be a chance to make a good impression on her parents."

Izuku awkwardly laughed. "Well, I don't know about that-"

The nurse smiled. "Whatever suits your needs. Miss Uraraka? Please come with me."

Uraraka looked once more at Izuku with a worried look. She gave a weary smile and went with the nurse.

_____________
Izuku stood off to the side sipping a liquid he had poured himself from a jar. "What is this stuff? It's really bitter." Izuku sipped. His body felt as if a warm lantern was growing out of his chest. It felt nice. 'I swear this hospital has the weirdest foods and drinks.'

"Izuku?" A voice interrupted his monologue. It was Dr. Aizawa. "Why are you drinking alcohol?"

'That's why I felt so tipsy.' Izuku spat out his drink. "You know, you'd think the hospital would keep alcohol harder to obtain or at least with labels."

Aizawa shrugged. "That's not in my paycheck." He smirked. "Besides, a little alcohol never hurt anybody."

"As a patient at your hospital, that concerns me."