Bakugo

"IZUKU!" A scream was heard as the truck crashed into the car. The minivan's side door crunched and caved inside. Momentum caused the minivan to be thrown to the side, smashing the guard rails and falling down the mountain. Down below, an explosion, a mixture of gasoline and sparks set fire to the van and its near proximity. The truck driver left his vehicle, witnessed the explosion, and then proceeded to call the police. He then departed, driving his smashed up truck out of sight.

"Is this all the security footage picked up?" Officer Mirio silently asked.

"Yes. We managed to track the truck as far as we can, but lost it when it drove higher up the mountain." Tamaki reported.

"Did we get a clear view on the perpetrator?"

"No. He was wearing a hat which covered his face. According to eyewitnesses, the suspect was large, with ash blonde hair, and an unshaved face. We don't know how accurate the reports are however."

Officer Mirio spun around his chair and faced Tamaki, "I see... How were the victims?" Officer Tamaki said nothing, but instead brought up several photos.

Officer Mirio was used to death. After all, it was part of his job, he was more than willing to give up his life if it meant that justice would be served. Yet, it pained him to see the almost strained look on the faces of the Midoriyas. It was a silent protest against death; as if they had wanted to live more, for something, for someone.

Officer Mirio looked away and spun back around to his desk. Tamaki closed the photos and the two officers stayed in silence. It was a prayer of some sort, a prayer for the married couple to find happiness even after death.

________
Izuku stared at the ash haired boy on his right. There it was: an expression of pity and pain, a face not common on Katsuki's face. Outside, Doctor Aizawa and his mother was discussing the legality of Izuku. Midoriya managed to catch a few words, "Legal guardian dead.... Take care.... poor boy." 

The door slid open and Doctor Aizawa approached Izuku. "So regarding your medical bills-"

"M-medical bills?"

Aizawa nodded. "The healthcare provided in this hospital doesn't cover Shizuoka citizens. " he continued, "We've worked some things out and considering your... situation, we've agreed that Mitsuki Bakugo here will be your temporary guardian. She'll cover for you costs and decide when you'll be released."

Guilt plagued his mind as he knew that the Bakugo family was not in a financial situation to support another child. Katsuki exchanged worried looks with his mother. She put on a smile and patted Izuku's back, "It's okay 'Zuku! Don't worry about the money! I'm sure your mom would have done the same if it was my boy here." 

Izuku said nothing but simply nodded. Mitsuki left the room with Aizawa, continuing to discuss about Izuku. "Oi dek- izuku." Midoriya slowly met Katsuki's eyes. "How can you- how are you able to stay so calm?"

A period of silence came and Izuku looked down once more. Izuku glumly whispered, "I- i don't know what you mean."

Bakugo lifted Izuku by the collar. Lifelessly, he looked up to Bakugo who had a pained expression, "Why are you so indifferent when your parents died?! They raised you! Don't you love them?! How-" Izuku saw that Katsuki was weeping. "How- how are you able to stay so calm?!"

Aizawa and Mitsuki heard the commotion and quickly entered the room. They tried to seperate the boys with Mitsuki trying to break Bakugo's grip. "Katsuki calm down! You're hurting him! He's injured!"

"LET ME GO! LET ME BEAT SOME SENSE INTO HIM! ANSWER ME! WHY ARE YOU SO CALM?! If- if that happened to me I don't know if I could-" Bakugo looked down as tears streamed down his face. "DAMN IT!" with that Katsuki stormed out of the room.

"Are you okay 'Zuku? I'm sorry about him. He's been this way ever since the funeral. I guess he just doesn't understand that people need time to heal." Mitsuki sighed. She turned to Izuku and softly said, "Get better okay? We'll return later. I have to go back to work and take Katsuki back to school. Sorry about him again."

Izuku clenched his fists as she walked out the room. 'It's not his fault. It's mine. Why can't I cry in this situation? It's as if I didn't care about my parents. I know I should be sad but... What kind of son am I? Can't even mourn my parents'...' Izuku looked at his casts as dark thoughts plagued his mind. 'I should have died instead of my parents.'