Live Idiot

"Oh that reminds me," Uraraka turned to Izuku. "Out of curiosity, why are you in the hospital?"

Izuku stared dumbfounded, as he raised his right arm. 'Is she dumb?'

"I am not." She growled back.

"W-what? I don't know what you m-mean." Izuku nervously laughed. 'Shit. Did I think out loud?'

"Drop the act already." She sighed. "It was written all over your face. I am not dumb." Uraraka's face suddenly grew into evil. "Wanna test that theory?"

"N-no thank you Miss Uraraka."

"Hahaha why are you so formal all of the sudden? It was a joke- a joke."

'Your face clearly said otherwise.' Izuku cleared his throat and raised his right arm, "So as you can see Urabaka, I am in a cast, hence why I am in the hospital. Did that answer your question?"

There was a long silence before Uraraka spoke again, "That- that was such a lame pun. It was like the pun version of you Mardonia."

"It's Midoriya! Mi! Do! Ri! Ya! Repeat after me! Mi!"

"Mi"

"Do!"

"Dooooo."

Izuku looked at Uraraka with an angered face, "It's not "Doooo', its Do!"

"Oh! Like 'Do' as in Izuku Mekina doesn't have a brain!" Uraraka cheerfully answered.

"You little-."

"So?" Uraraka's face turned serious all of the sudden, "Why are you casted up Izuku?"

"Look, just cause you can't say my last name doesn't mean-"

Izuku spotted a hint of irritation rise in Uraraka. She forced a smile and started to press down on his bandages on his stomach. "So? Izuku? Why are you?"

"It-it hurts Uraraka-"

Her eyes turned a dangerous glare, "I'll show you true pain if you don't answer my question." She pressed harder, making Izuku wince, "Last chance Izuku."

"I was... in a carcrash." recalled Izuku. It was as if the dam holding back the memories in his brain fell and reality was here to finally confront the cold, hard truth. "We skidded off the road... my parents..." All of the pain, grief, and tramau came back. There was no stopping it now. Tears started to fall from his eyes, hitting the bedsheets. "Mom..."

Uraraka said nothing. Izuku looked down crying as he clenched his bedsheet. "It must have been hard huh?" A gentle voice called out and he felt a hand pat him on his head. "There there, you big freaking crybaby." Uraraka giggled.

'Who's this angelic person?' Izuku sat in his bed as tears continue to flow done and Uraraka comforting him. 'Maybe I was mistaken of her. She might be a nice person after all.'

"M-mom she-. They're dead- *hick* They all died and now *hick* I'm all alone. I-I don't know what to do anymore." Izuku vented.

"Live you idiot, live." Uraraka replied tenderly. "You're not alone. I'm here aren't I? Even if we've only known each other for a few days."

"How am I supposed to live when both of my parents are dead?" Izuku angrily asked. "It's unfair that only I got to live! I should have also-"

"You loved your parents didn't you? They must have loved you too. Were they kind?" Uraraka replied calmly.

"T-the best parents I could ever ask for."

"Then what's the point in crying? Did they want their idiot of a son crying like this?"

"B-but but they died! I should have been the one to die instead! Why did they have to die! Why did I survive?!"

Uraraka gently addressed him, "Izuku."

"W-what?" He sniffed.

"Don't be stupid. Do you think your parents would have been happy knowing that you died? They died for you Izuku. So that you may live."

"B-but-"

"Izuku will you go and waste the life they have provided you? Your parents died and you miraculously survived. So what will you do? Will you move on? Or will you waste the life your parents gave you living a life of bitterness?" Uraraka then looked at Izuku with determined eyes. "Live Izuku. Live for your parents sake and for yours. Live."

'Mom... Dad... I still don't know what to do with you gone, but... it's okay to live right? It's okay to continue into the future right? Mom...' Izuku continued to cry, as Uraraka kept her hand on his head.

Doctor Aizawa stood outside the door, fumbling with a cigarette. "Damn it." He angrily cursed. Aizawa crushed the cigarette as he looked down. "Emi... What do I do?"