Chapter Six|I Meet My New Horse

After Mum and Dad left, I felt safer. They knew what Jorvik was. I wasn't alone.

Skylar rushed over to me.

"The Bakers? Wow. Maybe you should..." Her trail of thought ended when I glanced at her suspiciously.
Skylar walked over to the gear shop and asked the man to put the items on hold.

"Follow me. First, we're going to my home stable to put Silver away. Then, we're going to take the ferry from Cape West to Fort. We can walk from Fort to Moor, right? Right." She reassured herself.

We walked back along the dock and across a long bridge leading back to the stable. Skylar pushed open a door into a musty room with a big closet. I followed her through an arch that lead to a bunch of stalls with every one filled, except for the one she took Silver into. She stepped into some sort of foot rest and jumped down onto the dirty ground.

"Let's go to Fort Pinta!" She exclaimed as we began to leave her stable. We walked across the bridge, past the vendors, and into the ferry docks. A loud honk let us know that we had to board. This ferry was much smaller than the one from Boston.

I think Skylar spotted me noting the size of the boat because she said,

"The in-island ferries are a lot smaller. Trips are shorter." We waited and waited until the ferry drew close to a big cliff, with multiple buildings and blaring music. Everything was a blur from the annoying music until Skylar shouted,

"Charlotte! Where are you going?" I turned and noticed that I was heading towards the music and she was heading towards a boy. I jogged over. "I've changed my mind. We aren't going to Moorland. You can get your horse here. So, pick a lucky number so we can decide on how many hands it will be, your horse that is."

"Two." I reply.

"Whoah, do you want a cat or a horse? The smallest horse I'll allow you to get is twenty hands."

"Fine, twenty four sounds nice."

(IMPORTANT A/N In real life, yes, this is very unrealistic, but because this story is about a virtual horse game, I made the sizes different from real life.)

She discussed with the boy and she lead out a horse from behind a stable door. I smiled at the horse. She was beautiful. Her coat was a long, wavy, majestic brown and white and her eyes were the color of the Carribean oceans.

"A Tinker." Skylar said, "so far so good?"

"Yeah, I might really like this." After a while of discussing we headed back to Golden Leaf and I stayed at a hotel while Skylar kept my horse for the night. Tomorrow is a big day, I thought. I will name my very own horse. I will ride that very horse for the very first time. I smiled. This island is truly perfect.